You can type here any text you want

valve stem seals for champ irons?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Abomb

What valve stem seals should I be using on these heads, and where would you buy them from? If I remember correctly the last time my motor was rebuilt the builder said he used the factory style seals? I am getting some smoke at hot idle after decel and it is more white colored than blue. I think maybe this is the reason?

What valve stem seals should I be using on these heads, and where would you buy them from? If I remember correctly the last time my motor was rebuilt the builder said he used the factory style seals? I am getting some smoke at hot idle after decel and it is more white colored than blue. I think maybe this is the reason?

Any luck finding what it is?

We ended up not using the pc teflon seal. I'll have to ask Khai for sure, but I believe it was a Viton seal that has better clamping (compared to stock style) on the guide that was used. The motor is going back in on Saturday, so we'll see. I don't even want to discuss the other problems I found from Wildcat... :rolleyes:

K.

We ended up not using the pc teflon seal. I'll have to ask Khai for sure, but I believe it was a Viton seal that has better clamping (compared to stock style) on the guide that was used. The motor is going back in on Saturday, so we'll see. I don't even want to discuss the other problems I found from Wildcat... :rolleyes:

K.

So I guess Tom doesn't install valve seals on the heads? What is the shop time to install them anyways,sorry if it is a dumb question:confused:

K.

NCTURBOS or anyone else can you give me a part number and where to buy some valve stem seals you've had luck with on the champ irons? thanks

Back