You can type here any text you want

Vehicle will notstayrunninguntilitwormup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Greg Johnson

My 87 grand national will not stay running when engine is cold. after it worm up it will stay running but the engine light comes on every now and then and it runs rich. This car is given me the blues, and I need answers.

How about some details on the car?
What modifications have been done?
What diagnostic tools do you have?
Help would be a whole lot easier to formulate, with more than a demand for answers.
Also, introduce yourself....

Get a scan master. And post numbers and you will have answers very fast. Without the scan tool it's impossible to properly diagnose

You have an extra? Reading this stuff gives me a headache.......
Probably the "worms" are attacking the muffler brgs, or the blinker fluid.

Dam Chuck don't go wishing muffler bearing worms on the guy. He didn't say it was leaking oil anyway. Now if it is leaking oil then there is no doubt its got mb worms.

Hey Greg....Are you getting the feeling this thread is going sideways??:LOL:
As requested.. Some solid info would help get it back ion track!:cool:

Dam Chuck don't go wishing muffler bearing worms on the guy. He didn't say it was leaking oil anyway. Now if it is leaking oil then there is no doubt its got mb worms.

My concern would be the blinker fluid being used in the alky system. My bad.. No ifo on the set up. Guess I am jumping the gun.
One I know for sure: It's NOT crossed coil wires. I know it wouldn't run, with that problem.:bucktooth::facepalm:

My 87 grand national will not stay running when engine is cold. after it worm up it will stay running but the engine light comes on every now and then and it runs rich. This car is given me the blues, and I need answers.
Could be just a bad O2 sensor.

Back