vendors at BPG event

So your car can run at a nhra event, LOL. Please you are so wrong, you run at a buick event. Maybe you do have a nhra certification on your car?

Yes I have a NHRA certified chassis and hold a NHRA competition licence as well as a NHRA membership. This Buick event was held at a NHRA track, the track enforces the same rules.

sorry if track follows NHRA rules...yes we were able to convince them to allow properly secured laptops....have the lawyers ruined racing...yes...but I would rather be safe than sorry....if you do not comply...then do not show up...it is that simple...this was an issue last year and the BPG stood their ground and will continue to do so...
You must be high, what lawyer, not everyone is playing by the NHRA rules. Your rules, track rules. LOL! I raced at a BPG meet @ quaker and was told if I go faster than 11.00 I will be booted. Well 11.50 you need a cage. Please keep bending the NHRA rules.:confused:

We are a bunch of grown ups here. I dont think that anyone is saying safety is not important. However, when you race you do it at your OWN RISK. When we rented the facility for the TB Nats I specifically went to the track owner and explained to them that i knew they had a cutoff for a rollcage. I simply explained to them that there WOULD be cars that would be faster than their safety rules would allow and asked them if they would consider having the racers sign a release form that would allow them to "race at your own risk". Am I saying safety should take a backseat?? Absolutely not... They agreed JUST SO the attendees wouldnt have to worry about safety "within reason". Has anyone ever heard / seen a laptop in the passenger seat of the car ever cause and accident?? I guess what I am reading is maybe the BPG should try and negotiate with the track to allow an increase in racers and to "bend the rules" I guess you can say. In my opinion anything faster than 9.99 should at least have a 4 point cage and all cars going down the track must have helmet and seatbelts. We all know that these cars WONT be slowing down anytime soon and also most buick folks are not weekend warriors racing their car week end and week out. It makes it tough for someone to enjoy running their car on certain occasions by having to worry about putting a rollbar in their car. Also the "if you dont like it stay at home" way of thinking will cause an event to eventually come to an end because it becomes not profitable to do so.

So if NTR is not willing to make some concessions to allow for more competitors then the best thing to do is find a track willing to work with you. All you have to do is ask, If BPG said they would pull the event from NTR and move it somewhere else chances are they would not be willing to take the hit to their bottom line and be willing to work with them. Just my opinion

We are a bunch of grown ups here. I dont think that anyone is saying safety is not important. However, when you race you do it at your OWN RISK. When we rented the facility for the TB Nats I specifically went to the track owner and explained to them that i knew they had a cutoff for a rollcage. I simply explained to them that there WOULD be cars that would be faster than their safety rules would allow and asked them if they would consider having the racers sign a release form that would allow them to "race at your own risk". Am I saying safety should take a backseat?? Absolutely not... They agreed JUST SO the attendees wouldnt have to worry about safety "within reason". Has anyone ever heard / seen a laptop in the passenger seat of the car ever cause and accident?? I guess what I am reading is maybe the BPG should try and negotiate with the track to allow an increase in racers and to "bend the rules" I guess you can say. In my opinion anything faster than 9.99 should at least have a 4 point cage and all cars going down the track must have helmet and seatbelts. We all know that these cars WONT be slowing down anytime soon and also most buick folks are not weekend warriors racing their car week end and week out. It makes it tough for someone to enjoy running their car on certain occasions by having to worry about putting a rollbar in their car. Also the "if you dont like it stay at home" way of thinking will cause an event to eventually come to an end because it becomes not profitable to do so.

So if NTR is not willing to make some concessions to allow for more competitors then the best thing to do is find a track willing to work with you. All you have to do is ask, If BPG said they would pull the event from NTR and move it somewhere else chances are they would not be willing to take the hit to their bottom line and be willing to work with them. Just my opinion
You are right on , I have never had problems with running my car at any events other than at a BPG meet, they need to have thier meets where racers can have some fun once or twice a year. Their are to few of us buick racers . And as for the faster cars 9.99 or faster, we all started building our cars from stock, spent plenty of money getting into the 9s, and it helped all the venders with being able to make money and sponser event races. Well the rules are killing the classes and the races. I dont know of any buick v6s competing in any NHRA events. So why confuse the NHRA rules with a buick event.

Well maybe if my car didnt have 22,000 miles on it, I would cage it. Limited87's car has 17 or 18,000 on it so, if we choose to run faster then 11.50's that is our choice. To cut up my car to follow a rule book, that is to restrictive to begin with, is not in my best interest. My Max Wedge car runs 11.20's all day long on a mild launch. It can go 10.80's on slicks when really pushed. I have run it at every track on the Chrysler Classic circuit without a problem. I have updated seat belts, helmet, tranny blanket, flexplate, etc, but to devalue my car just to meet someones rules at ONE TRACK, is bogus. The flip flopping on the rules on Sat was a real pain in the azz. BPG should post the rules that will affect our cars ahead of time, so we know whats up. They did not because they knew that if they posted NO LAPTOPS IN CAR, every turbocar out there would have stayed home. 75% or better run Directscan or Powerlogger, and they know that. I do not think I will be making the trip next year. I will do BG, Norwalk and hopefully the TB.com Nats, but I am not paying for a $10,000, 750HP engine just to tune it back. I believe if I am to meet my maker at the track, then he is going to take me , cage or not.

:biggrin:

I enjoyed meeting you, but you are coming off like quite the *******.

First of all, your car runs low 13's. When you run 11.49 you can then start complaining. Second of all, there are ways around the laptop. I had a laptop in my car EVERY pass without it being secured. If you aren't creative enough to figure it out, maybe you have met your toughest challenge yet?

I'll keep going...$25 is a bit steep for the admission but come on man, $25 isn't going to keep food off the table. You can easily save $25 over the course of the year to pay for the ticket. BG is $20 a day...big deal.

Thanks,

Jason

And BTW, I have made over 60 sub 11.49 passes at National Trails Raceway without a cage.

So actually, come talk to me when your 750HP motor runs 10.99.

Jason

TSM sounded REAL smooth. Did you even read my post Ted? I dont disagree with what you said about tracks in your area and some of the call Trails makes needing to be better. No ones whining here... We know the deal with National Trail so we dont race (or even bring cars to there show for that matter). Problem is the newer people dont! People are asking why the turn out SUCKS???!!! Were telling people why the turn out SUCKS! I have never missed a BPG event. I have watched the car show attendance and race car attendance fall year after year since '04. Norwalk is my home track so Im a little confused with your "gamble" comment. My cars live there all season running in the deep 9s with no cage as do tons of others running sub 11.50s and have for the past 20+ years, Buick events and regular program dates. So if you call that a gamble then we like the odds of running there and not having any problems. People love to hate when there tracks make them follow "there rules" that many of the others dont..

My gamble comment was exactly what I said. It's a gamble when you show up to Norwalk or anywhere expecting to run faster than your are legal for. I have been teched HARD there (Norwalk) before, then times they check nothing. You should consider yourself lucky to run 9's with no cage and sub 11.50's with no cage, not a right. Good luck because you luck is going to run out soon.

I do predict the BPG will have their race at another track next year. Just so everybody understands, I have no problem with anybody going 7's with no cage, no helmet, no suit, and no license, but I do have a problem with a car that is not built to a standard and a driver who meets a standard running next to me. Let these cars run solo passes.

I do predict the BPG will have their race at another track next year.

I agree because as i understand its not like the track can change the rules because they sanctioned by the NHRA they are owned by the NHRA. Big difference..

I'll keep going...$25 is a bit steep for the admission but come on man, $25 isn't going to keep food off the table. You can easily save $25 over the course of the year to pay for the ticket. BG is $20 a day...big deal.

Thanks,

Jason

You keep thinking that $25 isn't a big deal. What happens IF due to low attendance they go to $30-$35 a day?? If you are thinking that its not eventually headed that way you are mistaken. Are you willing to pay $60-$70 just to SPECTATE an event?? If you do then you have much more disposable income than I do.

You keep thinking that $25 isn't a big deal. What happens IF due to low attendance they go to $30-$35 a day?? If you are thinking that its not eventually headed that way you are mistaken. Are you willing to pay $60-$70 just to SPECTATE an event?? If you do then you have much more disposable income than I do.

60-70 is to high. $25 isn't.sean knows this.

Jason

I dunno about the NHRA sanctioning but im wondering y the big $$$ Nhra event that used to be at that track got moved to norwalk if its such a great place??? As far as the vendors are concerned theres plenty of times people are wondering about products but worried about the shipping nightmares with parts on backorder etc...Vs if you see the item you want can put ur hands on it and take it home then youll prolly buy it cause its sitting ther looking at you...I came to norwalk With turbo $$ and parts $$ in hand noone had the turbo i needed, noone had a double pumper or even a good single pump,noone had any scan masters,FMICS,downpipes, at the time i was looking for all of these items not all at once though...Hr parts n stuff got all my $$ i bought a swaybar ,motor mounts and LCA braces....

This was the first price increase in 4 years across the board...it went up $5 from last year...the spectator pricing issue will be addressed the safety issue will not... again there are some that have no problem with no safety equipment...but would you want to line up next to them...not me...there is more to picking a track than looking at what the racers want...you have to weigh everything...car show...what are bathrooms like...do they pick up garbage regularly. how close are hotels what type of hotels..restaurants retail and parts stores...how quickly can track bounce back from and oil down or rain...plus a whole host of other issues... NTR is cheap compared to Salem or Norwalk for 3 days...trust me we have looked into it....and for what you get at NTR vs Norwalk or Salem we get alot more at a cheaper price....

This was my 3rd time there and is always well run and organized. Sean has his cell# PUBLISHED for easy info on any concerns. I thought the fee's are are all in line with a national event although to run a pass just for fun on Saturday was a little steep. I missed in the program that Friday night TT was only $15.00 and included a few locals. I had brought a Suburban load of parts and did well with the sales. Thanks to all who bought something or stopped just to talk. Numbers seemed down from last year- maybe have it listed in the events section or an ad in a few mags? Buick people are very spread out but die hards-get the word out to more people.
As far as fees and costs go, we can all make more money. How do you put a price on the memories or that one picture of your car at the show or at the race track? Some of these people I see once a year and they treat you like a best friend. That's what I'll remember-not how much it cost...

This was the first price increase in 4 years across the board...it went up $5 from last year...the spectator pricing issue will be addressed the safety issue will not... again there are some that have no problem with no safety equipment...but would you want to line up next to them...not me...there is more to picking a track than looking at what the racers want...you have to weigh everything...car show...what are bathrooms like...do they pick up garbage regularly. how close are hotels what type of hotels..restaurants retail and parts stores...how quickly can track bounce back from and oil down or rain...plus a whole host of other issues... NTR is cheap compared to Salem or Norwalk for 3 days...trust me we have looked into it....and for what you get at NTR vs Norwalk or Salem we get alot more at a cheaper price....

Very well said..

As far as fees and costs go, we can all make more money. How do you put a price on the memories or that one picture of your car at the show or at the race track? Some of these people I see once a year and they treat you like a best friend. That's what I'll remember-not how much it cost...

x3748485

AGREED.

Having just returned from attending the BPG event for the fourth year in a row I can't help but add my thoughts to this thread. First, I don't want to discount anyone's concerns about costs but any hobby costs money. Second, at this level, within the BPG, this event should be about having fun and meeting fellow Buick lovers. Where are we going to go with our cars if we continue to bitch and moan about whatever? As mentioned above, it is not uncommon to see someone at such an event just once a year and strike up your conversation as though you spoke with them just yesterday. You think that a group of Mustang owners are that friendly? Thirdly, let us not disregard safety. If any of us were seriously hurt at an event how would any of us feel? Double that feeling if lack of safety was at fault. I would enjoy making my car faster but I will not install a cage so therefore, the car will not be made faster. My choice. Lastly, I am old enough that I no longer have to explain myself, but young enough to anticipate many years of participation yet to come. If the Buick community continues to spit at one another it will be our downfall as a group. Where will I then go to enjoy my Buick (or TTA)? Where will we come together to enjoy the sport and our particular unique cars? Keep up this bickering and we will all have garage queens that will have no value and no place to play. Sorry to offend anyone but felt that I needed to share some thoughts.

Dean Papageorge

I enjoyed meeting you, but you are coming off like quite the *******.

First of all, your car runs low 13's. When you run 11.49 you can then start complaining. Second of all, there are ways around the laptop. I had a laptop in my car EVERY pass without it being secured. If you aren't creative enough to figure it out, maybe you have met your toughest challenge yet?

Thanks,

Jason

It was nice meeting you also. Why the need to single me out? I am stating what I heard several other say when talking to them. The first words out of Rich's mouth was how stiff the gate fees were and he was not ready for that. My other friend that was racing was not going to go against the rules and hide his laptop. He said they did the same thing last year and then changed, just like this year, so why not get that out of the way when renting the track and posting it ahead of time? My gripes are ligit. I am not shouting at anyone or cursing or name calling. I simply stated that to know the rules ahead of time could save alot of people alot of time and $$$.

As for my car running low 13's. I only have 1 pass on that car as is. I ran it cold, hard tires, no boost launch, 21lbs of boost and a bad 1-2 band in my tranny. I went 13@106 and let off early. I wasnt racing down there because I drove my car 300 miles to get there.

Your other post about come see you when it runs 10.99, well Dan at DLS assures me that low 10's will not be a issue when the new motor is finished. Bison came up with the combo and Limited87 and I have had PM's about helping get it right when it is done. If I didnt just cut a check for my daughter to go to college and if I didnt just get engaged this past Sunday, I would have my new engine ready real soon, but I just spent 20,000 on those 2 things. The new engine has to wait. Whats your beef with me???

:biggrin:

Good points are brought up in this thread. We all are not wrong here, we all have our points of view. Maybe Sean and the BPG can figure something out for next year. Our likes and dislikes have been noted. Lets all not let this draw any kind of stakes through what we all love to do. I hope I didn't offend anybody here, if I did I am sorry.

Agreed 100%

It was nice meeting you also. Why the need to single me out? I am stating what I heard several other say when talking to them. The first words out of Rich's mouth was how stiff the gate fees were and he was not ready for that. My other friend that was racing was not going to go against the rules and hide his laptop. He said they did the same thing last year and then changed, just like this year, so why not get that out of the way when renting the track and posting it ahead of time? My gripes are ligit. I am not shouting at anyone or cursing or name calling. I simply stated that to know the rules ahead of time could save alot of people alot of time and $$$.

This is "BY DESIGN" people! They DONT want everone to know how the bullsh*t rules National Trail inforces and BPG runs to support are! they want you drive there and SPEND your money only to find this out. Same goes for there general admission fees. you didnt hear anything about that till everyone got worked. Can you imagine if they shouted all this on there flyers, website, exc?? Its taken a few years for everyone to get it but its finally here. Newer guys are finding it out the hard way. The attendance is all the proof you need!!! I dont wanna see any events lost but keep holding it there and its all but done.

I can see why you wouldnt want to line up against a guy with no cage cause him having one will save your life right?:rolleyes:

Its cheaper because they cant get alot of large events held there because of how they OPRERATE IT! If you dont have a large amount of groups wanting to do anything at your track then you have to lower your price right... hello??

If NTR is so much cheaper than the other tracks like Norwalk, exc.. why such huge fees to attend??:confused:

The GSCA Nationals fees maybe "almost" as expensive but atleast you get something for your money besides grief!! You can actually get close to the action. Not 50 yards away from the track in gravel where you honestly cant see sh*t!:mad: