You can type here any text you want

Vette Wheels On Gn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Under Pressure

DID ANYONE EVER PUT 94 VETTE WHEELS ON OUR CARS?
93VETTERIMS.jpg

I was inquiring for a friend of mine he just bought a set a wants then on his 86 regal so your a big help... thanks

This was taken a few months ago at a local annual car show. It looks better in person than in the photos. I don't know who's car this is so I can't give you any info on it.

Attachments

• DSC00156.jpg
    DSC00156.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 542
Replace the center caps and that doesn't look half bad.

you could always tell people that once you put a car to shame, you acquire the rims.....THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!

I think I know the guy who own the car in the picture. He's also a big time mustang guy who own a Blown LX coupe.

Keep in mind, you will have to utalize some after market wheel adapters to make it work due to the offset.back spacing of the wheels. Wheel adapter are kind of expensive, be ready for it.....

I think I know the guy who own the car in the picture. He's also a big time mustang guy who own a Blown LX coupe.

Is his LX orange? I've seen a clean orange LX several times parked by the beach in Coronado right outside NAS North Island. I once spotted the GN parked around the same location so I'm curious if that's his then.

I actually remember a guy that used to go to dukes that had a all white gn or t with GNX flares had 84 vett 16x8 wheels and it looked very cool , I wish I could see some pics of that car , anyone here have pics of any GNs with these vett wheels?

Is his LX orange? I've seen a clean orange LX several times parked by the beach in Coronado right outside NAS North Island. I once spotted the GN parked around the same location so I'm curious if that's his then.

Naw, It wasn't orange at the time. Of course I left CA a couple years ago and at the time I believe it was Blue with Green stripes if my memory serves me correctly. Unless he painted it, which is very possible. It was a beautiful and fast car.... I'll see if I got any old pictures of it still.

Check out this Vette tire page
Corvette Wheels

Here is the specs of your rims.

front 17"x9.5" 56mm (7.4" backspacing)
Goodyear Eagle GSC, P275/40ZR-17
rear 17"x11" 36mm (7.93" backspacing)
Goodyear Eagle GSC, P315/35ZR-17

The rears can't run more than a total rim/tire of 5.3 to 5.5" towards the frame with aluminum drums on. The Vette 315/35/17 on a 7.9" B.S. is a total 8.6" B.S. so you'd need a wheel spacer around 3.25". That's a huge spacer and for sure you'd need bigger studs.

Check out this Vette tire page
Corvette Wheels

Here is the specs of your rims.

front 17"x9.5" 56mm (7.4" backspacing)
Goodyear Eagle GSC, P275/40ZR-17
rear 17"x11" 36mm (7.93" backspacing)
Goodyear Eagle GSC, P315/35ZR-17

The rears can't run more than a total rim/tire of 5.3 to 5.5" towards the frame with aluminum drums on. The Vette 315/35/17 on a 7.9" B.S. is a total 8.6" B.S. so you'd need a wheel spacer around 3.25". That's a huge spacer and for sure you'd need bigger studs.

At that point just get a set of adapters, they are much safer than spacers.

If the backspacing is 7.9" then you'll also need either a big spacer or an adapter as the frame notch gives you around 1.5" more in total backspacing.

GN's with frame notchs run a 325/50/15 with a 5" B.S., that's 6.5" towards the frame total so you'd need at least a 2" spacer or adapter. ( 8.6" Vette total vs 6.5" GN Frame Notch Total ).

Back