You can type here any text you want

Vigilante Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

oehm

At what point is it necessary to go from the single disk unit, to the multi (5) disk unit.

I am running a pretty mild set up as seen in the sig below, and am thinking about getting a new convertor to replace my restalled D5. I am gunning for mid 11's. What are your experiences with either convertor. Is there any better options?

Thanks
Ian

It's never necessary to have to use a multi disc clutch IMO. Multi disc units are noisy and actually aren't very street friendly. They build heat and desipate that heat slower than a single disc. Just my opinion, but I have many customers that will totally agree with it.

Mark

In the case of the vigilante converters, the single disc will NOT hold up to WOT lock up. it will break. Thus the use of the 5 disc in hi power cars.

I have a 5 disc in my car and i couldnt be happier. it is a bit noisy but you get used to it.

HTH.

Perfomance single disc WILL hold up to lock up on the track. We have people around the country doing just that. Multi-disc are just another case of more not necessarily being better IMO, and that of many others. It's all going to come down to what you feel comfortable with doing, but don't rule out the single. We have cars running low 10's with our single disc converters and living well, without any problems.

Mark

I think Josh was saying that Vigilante single disks aren't designed to lock up at WOT, you can do it but they aren't very strong...That's why they designed a multi-disk, to keep up with the comp.

Originally posted by Slow91z
I think Josh was saying that Vigilante single disks aren't designed to lock up at WOT, you can do it but they aren't very strong...That's why they designed a multi-disk, to keep up with the comp.

couldnt have said it better myself...

thank you sir...

I will tell you this....the multi disk Vigilante has a lot more solid lock up than the PTS Extreme 9/11.....it sorta "slides" into lock up....the Vig is like another gear!

For that reason, I'm going back to the Vig......

Hummmmm, never had that sensation from any we have done and never heard anyone have that sensation either.

woody,

i agree with you on that point. At the track when it locks the car takes off...its an awesome feeling. If u cant feel the converter lock, you could get hit by train and never know it... :D

thumps up for the vigilante!!

I have tried both and the vig multi **** has a more durable lock up than the 9x11

lockup kit

Vigilante= if you install the lockup tube ( which is a tube that pull the fluid out of the pump cavity that must be emptyied before the plunger can move to create the lockup) It is a KILLER lockup!!!! Some what pricey but I am very happy with mine.

would appear that at least 3 other 10 sec cars feel the same about the 9/11 vs Vig

not a large universe, but if the 9/11 is supposed to lock firmer, then maybe there is something wrong with mine?

there is absolutley no comparison to the lock up on the Vig (some may feel the lock up is too violent on the Vig, but I bet they aren't racers.....)

Back