You can type here any text you want

Vin# vs Build #

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1987 GN

I have seen some TTA on ebay whose last six digits of their vin are higher than mine yetm they have a lower build# than I do. I would have thought that if I have a higher build number than someone, then I must have a higher vin# as far as the last 6 digits go, right?:confused:

Anyone else seen this? Do I have the wrong build # for my car? I have a letter from PAS the original owner got for the car saying what my TTAs build # is so I did not think it should be questioned.

They don't correspond....

From everything I've read, it looks like there is absolutely no correlation between VIN sequence and TTA build numbers.

Then how are they guessing?

I ve inquired a few times and just get between such and such # and such and such #........

If there is no corelation how could they give an answer like that?

Were all the tta's gathered up before they were made TTA's?

I would guess that they got lots of TA's to be made into TTA's and just pulled in the closest one to build next. Anyone who has ever worked on serialized items can comfirm that they don't usually work on the lowest # first, just the most convenient one.

Also the build number is probably the number it was started at and some took longer than others and the numbers got all rearanged in the build cycle.

For example I work on Global Express Aircraft, We are currently working on 9002 which has a completion# of 15 and aircraft 9105 with a completion # of 58 is about to be delivered before 9002.
Similiar situation and as you can see, for a number of reasons the numbers don't always end up matching up.

If it is true that there is no correlation between the build # and the vin# then when you submit your vin and t-top/hardtop, cloth/leather on turbotransam.com how do they generate a build#? Is there a master list somewhere?

Bounce over to turbotransam.com and ask mr.turbota. He can fill you in on the specifics but it prety much goes as the others have said. Actually the serial number on the intercooler was suposed to be the TTA sequence number but that did not work out either.

Brent

Originally posted by 1987 GN
Is there a master list somewhere?

Yes, a few people has but it´s not 100%.....some built# can be between.....say, 1324-1326.
Now it happens that i know who owns 1324, the other TTA in Sweden.

Back