Viper SRT10

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
So I was on my way home from work today...
Getting a little frustrated because no one was biting. Tried a GT3 Turbo...nuttin....a couple Stangs...no go...raced a street bike....I lost....but not by much....

Then I'm sitting in a left hand turn lane and I see this White Viper go by in the opposite direction, and the driver is eyeballing me...
Several seconds later I have the green to turn, so I U-turn and go hunting for some Dodge...

I see him up ahead in a left turn lane so I file in behind the plumbers van behind him and hope for some traffic to cooperate.

As we turn, the middle lane opens so I take it and spool up a bit to catch up to him....the two dudes in the Plumber van got perky as I went by them...they knew a show was coming.

I stalked the Viper...red light ahead, but not a good intersection (Lake Forest and Trabuco headed to Irvine)...there is a sweeping downhill turn ahead and bad visibility...so on the green we both just cruise....I nudged out ahead to make sure he's aware.

Next light...red...nice and straight...wide open road...we line up....yippeeeeee...:biggrin:

Light turned green and he doesn't bite...I roll out ahead and then I nailed it to send a message.
I left him there...but he accelerated to stay within a reasonable distance...
Next light...red....not as good conditions (less room to run it out), but plenty of room for a Viper kill.
As the cross traffic light goes yellow, I hear him bring up his RPM a little...not worried....I know I got him covered.
On the green we both go for it...
I spin a bit as we stay door to door but get my hook finally and then walked out ahead...one length....two....out of room so we both shut down...it was only getting worse for him anyway.:cool:

He came along side while we were still rolling:
Him: NICE!!! (with a big thumbs up)
Me: Thanks..but I was hoping you'd go on the other light.
Him: There is a spot where the cops like to hang there, so I was being careful.
Me: Aaaah...good to know....glad we got away with it...
Him:(laughing)

We complimented each others rides and then he fell in behind me as I turned right to go up Bake Pkwy and home. He also was headed the same direction.
As I turned right from Trabuco onto Bake, I looked across the road and theres my Papa Lou in his White Lightning sitting at the red light going the other way.
HEY PAPA LOU....LOOK WHAT I KILLED!!!! as I point to the Viper behind me...
:biggrin:
Papa Lou looked like he was taking a nap....so he missed it...:redface:

Bad news for Viper boy...I was carrying cargo in the trunk...I have Spoolfool2's drag radials on OE rims back there in my trunk and his air tank too...loose that weight and the Viper would be an even bigger loser...

the GT3 is not a turbo from the factory, thats the GT2. Way cool killing vipers tho !

the GT3 is not a turbo from the factory, thats the GT2. Way cool killing vipers tho !

Said Turbo on the back... so must have been the GT2...they all look alike to me...

Messed with a yellow Turbo 997 from a 45mph roll yesterday. He was cruising along side me and then all the sudden took off, so I gave chase. He was about 3-4 lengths ahead of me before I got going....then he didn't get any further away....so ...a moral victory...;)
Still have all that cargo in my trunk too...
Tried to get him to go from a dig at the next light, but he wouldn't go. Wuss!

Turns out he was a friend of Papa Lou's...

Here is the post kill pic of the victim. I took this as we went up Bake.

Attachments

• IMG00331-20110624-1743.jpg
    IMG00331-20110624-1743.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 323