You can type here any text you want

Viper truck

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wahoo50

Has anyone with a modified GN raced one of the Dodge pickups with the Viper engine and trans?

Why would you need a "modified" GN? They aren't THAT fast.

They are all over my town, including the 4 dr/autos driven by high school kids. Racing one is taking your life into your own hands as a 17 year old tries to control a 500 hp, 6000lb pickup.

back in the day when my car was running i raced one and pulled on him pretty good down low but we were abouts even once the speed got over 80-ish

i dont have many mods done, i think they are in the sig but mild cam, injectors,cold air, downpipe, exhaust, chip, and few other bolt ons

Curious how they compare from about 10 mph up. Seems like the big inches/power would overcome the weight and be strong.

wahoo50 said:
Curious how they compare from about 10 mph up. Seems like the big inches/power would overcome the weight and be strong.

My 502 Grand Prix will hang with a Viper SRT10 (2000lbs less than a Ram SRT10) from 30-170.

My T-type will Decimate my 502 Grand Prix from 0-120.

From a 10 mph roll it would still have to be a pretty sick (or stone stupid stock: stock Cat, exhaust, airbox, chip, etc.) Turbo Regal to lose to a Viper Truck.

People with T/R's that stock have ZERO business racing anyone.

UNGN,

The link at the bottom if your signature does not work, it might be just me though.

J

jpratt said:
UNGN,

The link at the bottom if your signature does not work, it might be just me though.

J

Thanks! I left off an "L" on html.

even vipers aren't THAT fast. up here they all run pretty consistantly high high 13's. i haven't seen any going much faster than that. it doesn't take a lot to get a tr to that level. that doesnt' mean a viper couldnt' wipe the smile right off your face, they dont' come alive til about the 1/8th mile the ones i've seen are hitting trap speeds around 110-115. mess with one of those on the highway and well... you know.

and who says you shouldnt' race anything in a stock tr? i've had some of the funest races of all time back when my car was stock. sure having a reputation of being unbeatable is great but its all about fun isn't it? i say be safe and race anyone that wants to race you. i'd be willing to bet everyone here has lost a race at some point and the next day had some go fast parts on the way to their house. its a sobering experience. and in the end gives you motivation to do a little more to the car.

i dont know about where your from but there was a viper around here that wooped my butt....i was at a light and behind me a red viper pulls up,im happy to put a woopin on him so i spool up a little waiting for the light..as soon as it turns i take off with drags on,i look back in the mirror to see how far back he is and i see him go to the next lane to pass me?he passed me like i was on stilts..i was pretty pissed,turns out he own a rv store and has more money in it than i do my house!at the time he passed me i ran consistant 12.40 so i cant imagine what he was running to pass me like that..when he passed me smileing all i could do was give him the finger,but he was going so fast he probably didnt see it :biggrin:

why would you give him the finger if he was faster then you?? Sounds like a ricer kid action to me..

FlyinGN said:
why would you give him the finger if he was faster then you?? Sounds like a ricer kid action to me..
i gave him a smile a nod and a finger...as in o.k you wooped my ars..not as if i was a poor sport,i thought it was actually funny and so did he :) i was surprised and he knew i was...i rolled up on him and asked him "what the hell do you have ,two motors in that thing"!!he said he was surprised at how fast mine was(yea right)...there is also another one around my town with 2 turbos on it and he states he is the maker of the kits..so point is there is some vipers out there to look out for,at least 2 in my area...

Not bad at all for any VIPER (considered to be one of the meanest all time muscle cars) to pick a fight with a 80’s build TR just to:
"See if the TR can be beat".

Guess it is all in the the standard set by the TR; “If You can beat a 80’s build TR, you know you are fast”.
Really, win or loose, it is a compliment.
Just my $0.02

Back