You can type here any text you want

Volt Booster

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GTABurnout

I just bought a Caspers Volt booster, and of course like the typical newbie I looke at what other people had to say about it after it arrived. Whats everyones take on these things, Good? bad? no diffrence? I don't wan to fry any thing but I woul like the benifits. Any advice will help it won't go in the car untill I am sure its a good idea.

Thanks
Hunter

I take it you recieved it :)

The benifits is that at WOT the volts go up, making everything run better, fuel pump, lights :), etc....

I have one on my car and haven't had any problems with it, but I think there is something goofy with all the TTA's where they don't run the same voltages as the GN's.

Look at the post about "Alternator Question"

John's is one of the better ones from what I have seen. I just sold the one off my car last month. I had another vendors unit years ago and it fried 2 ECM's before I realized what was happening. I put a voltmeter in my car and found it was constantly running at 16 volts.

The ECM has protected against high voltage, but I guess it can't take constant "abuse".

There's a long list of debates over these things in the GNTTYPE archives, both pro and con. Many people feel hot-wiring the fuel pump is all you really need. But again, check out the issue as mentioned with apparent "low" TTA voltage and the booster may resolve that.

yes I recieved it thanks for the quick shipping.

I am going out tonight for some WOT runs to check voltage if its low I may give it a chance if not fuel pump hot wire here I come.

Tried to hook up the volt booster today only to find out that the prongs in the alt hook up don't line up right is this normal?

Sounds strange if it really is the Casper's unit. Check Casper's website and there is an installation diagram and picture.

BTW - I didn't sell you that one! I sold mine to Jeff Rand in CA.

its just that the prong on the part that hooks up to the alt hook up is in the wrong slot. With the unit on the alt dosen't charge the batt...
pictures soon

Back