Volt Light Not Coming On/Alternator Not Charging

Cryptic

I'm chasing down a strange issue. My alternator had approximately 12.3 volts at the back of the alternator and was not charging the battery. I replaced it with a brand new unit from Kirban's and now am getting about 12.5 volts and still not charging the battery.

After the fact I realized that my "volt" light on the dash wasn't lighting up so I tore the dash apart and removed the bulb assembly. As you can see in the attached photos both pieces look brand new and test for continuity.

I'm assuming that my charging issue is related to the volt light but now I cannot figure out why the volt light isn't coming on. All the other lights on my dash appear to work normally. Am I missing something obvious? Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_1387.jpg
    IMG_1387.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5115.jpg
    IMG_5115.jpg
    940.7 KB · Views: 27
Check the fuse and search electrical forums,its in there somewhere and will exslpain how to fix it. Mine would intermittently stop charging,had to tap the dash to make it charge. Changed bulb and socket

Check the fuse and search electrical forums,its in there somewhere and will exslpain how to fix it. Mine would intermittently stop charging,had to tap the dash to make it charge. Changed bulb and socket
Ugh, solved it. Was reading the instructions on the field fix harness that Casper sells as a workaround and it made me realize I hadn't plugged the pigtail back into the alternator.

Thanks for the help anyway!

Also there is a resistor that’s in the dash that if it goes out the alternator won’t charge FYI . Just do a search on it . Anyway glad you found your issue