Fan switches
Cold air kit
Adjustable wastegate
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Upgraded fuel pump
Power Plate
Lockup switch for the converter
Test pipe (for track use only ;) )

Our purpose here is to stimulate friendly discussion as well as provide a reference point for new TTA owners to contemplate their first steps. :)

It doesn't say drag radials. I never had slicks. But going from Firestone Firehawks and consistent 12.6x times and putting on Nitto Drag Radials and running consistent 12.2x times and a 12.15, would be the best mod for me. Being able to go from high 1.8 to mid 1.6 short times and under more power is a nice feeling for not much money.

I'd say alky would be a close second.

I voted slicks and new valvesprings, those made the biggest difference on my old car(#861). Though I never went to a larger turbo or injectors. Another thing that made a difference for me and made it so much easier to race was a stageright transbrake. I dunno if those are still around but was definatly worth the money for me.

Steve

Originally posted by RobR
It doesn't say drag radials. I never had slicks....Nitto Drag Radials and....Being able to go from high 1.8 to mid 1.6 short times and under more power is a nice feeling for not much money.

I'd say alky would be a close second.

Added Drag Radials to poll :) Thanks for the suggestion.

Interesting results so far :D

Leeb

OK, I voted for (before reading that I was only supposed to vote for 2)

1) Valve Springs, allowed me to go over 4500rpm

2) Tires, 26x11.5x16 ET-Streets hook pretty dam good with stock suspension.

3) ProPain, nothing like running race gas tune on pump gas. Would have gone with Alky if Razor had his progressive kit out when I ordered my Propain. Still fun being different and gets some really strange looks from people when I unbolt it to get it filled.

There's one in every crowd, 1badTTA ;)

Since you were so specific in your three votes cast, I went ahead and changed your propane vote. No harm done. Thanks for your input.

The early trend is toward simpler things. A different path than I took. Its interesting to compare modifications that work for the TTA, as opposed to the GN. To illustrate my point, the Downpipe, intercooler, converter do not seem to be the changes that make a big difference on a TTA (Unless you're shooting for the 10's?).

:)

Originally posted by 1badTTA
Still fun being different and gets some really strange looks from people when I unbolt it to get it filled.

Your gonna get strange looks from people anyways :p

:D

On a side note, a set of injectors/turbo,and chip can run 1000+ so bang per buck.. dunno. Especially when the car runs 16 PSI boost, its a waste of time.

Cant argue tires.. springs, on my car it made no change, at the time I did them.

I'm biased on the alky, but myself, Rob R, GTA Burnout, TurboV6Joe, and others have run into the lower 12's/11's on it. Likewise the race gas tune is another subject. So we could add racegas to the bang per buck deal as well.

Back under my rock :)

I'd like to add a dump pipe and cutout to my three :rolleyes:

Made a big difference on mine, but then again it had the wrong turbo! Now where is my car :(

Is it bad when you noticed grey hairs coming in since you've seen your car last? Well the few that do come in anymore :D

Best Bang For the Buck

My best bang for the buck was a
1.)INDUCTION: by K&N air filter ATR pipe and ram air that runs through the drivers side fog light up to the air cleaner (used Kirbans cold air delivery system part number 1521 and some pvc from home depot)
2.) EXHAUST: Terry Houston down pipe and 3" high flow cat package. I picked up 6 mph and .6 tenths in the quarter. This was the single most significant improvement yet (running stock turbo).
NOTE: I was already running firestone firehawks in the rear for a good street tread.
Question: Will 295-50 r16 physically fit under the rear of the car ?? I am thinking of mounting these on the offset front rims to gain clearance with the outer rear quarter. What is the widest rear tire anyone has gotten on our cars ????

How about 4 hours tuning with a translator + ,adjustable fuel pressure regulator, wastegate rod, and scanmaster !!! MAN there is some hidden power in these cars !! huge diffrence. huge!:eek: tires are not going to last long now

ya, leave it fairly stock ...put in the 11s ...AND LEAVE IT ALONE !!! :p THDP....6 tenth's :eek: .. we ran in the 11s in 1990 with stock parts ... now I would change the valve springs and fuel pump . :biggrin:

I consider valve springs a maintainance item. they only help if the stock ones are weak and won't let the car pull past 4500 rpm.
I vote for stickey tires, either DR's or slicks.