You can type here any text you want

Waiting on my TT chip is making me nuts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OhioC5

Underwear model
I ordered my TT chip on the Aug. 4th, I knew ahead of time there was some lead time. Not complaining, just can't wait to get it. I've yet to be able to WOT with my GN. I installed 36lb injectors and chip, but found out the chip a board member sold was an alcohol chip. He didn't tell me, but I didn't ask. It was advertised as a street chip and made no mention of it requiring 108 octane. I'm just glad my car didn't get destroyed. Good thing I had installed a scanmaster and was able to see the KR or I would have never known.

Let me clarify, the shop I took my car to advised me it was a 108 octane chip. I do however see KR with my sscanmaster and don't go WOT. It's not knock you can hear so I would have never known, because it feels strong.

I have a nice Dynotech 36 lb chip with under 3000 miles that ran great with just pump gas if you need it in a hurry- $50. Shipped, only selling cause going bigger.

I have a nice Dynotech 36 lb chip with under 3000 miles that ran great with just pump gas if you need it in a hurry- $50. Shipped, only selling cause going bigger. I can ship it today.

that 108 chip would have some high timing for 93 only
typical timing for 108 is 27/25

Heres what happened, I struggled with getting my car running right, broke down and took it to a GN shop here in Akron Ohio. The shop called me and said, the chip in your car is for race gas, its a 108 octane chip.

I PM'd the guy on the board that sold me the chip/injectors and I kind of said, hey at least you could have told me it was chip requiring race gas. The shop was $100.00 an hour, price of the chip etc. this was expensive mistake. I'm new to turbo cars and take part of the blame for not asking, but it was advertised as a street chip. He PM'd me back and said the guy it came from never ran a tank of race gas in his car but had an alky system. He agreed to take the chip and injectors back for a full refund, but I just ordered a TT chip and kept the injectors in my car.

TT chip is in and the car runs great. I feel pretty lucky my 18k GN didnt self destruct. The shop put a new tank, fuel pump, IAC, fuel filter and RMS.

Let me be clear, I'm not blaming the seller for not telling me it required race gas. Do I think he should have? yes. I also should have know how to tell prior to install, but I didn't.

IF the chip that's in there is TT chip then you can just set the timing down and run with it.

The board member sold me a Red Armstrong chip, I just looked it says R108 on it. I installed a TT chip the other day and took the RA chip out.

Back