You can type here any text you want

Want new slicks. Help.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo6Smackdown

I'm looking for REAL slicks (I mean the real ones, you use only at the track. The ones that are REAL soft, will wear out in 10 days, and are completely illegal on the streets.) in a 275 15 50 or 60 size. I need something that is tubeless, and that any plain old tire shop could mount on a normal 15" street rim. I have some plans for my car over the winter, that I know without a doubt, will blow my 275 bfg's into flames. I can't find any anywhere. Anyone know if there's any out there?

I run 28x9x15 mickey thompson et drag tires, best of 1.49 and 1.50
I went with the smaller tires because i dont want to fight fender rear wheel wells and tires rubbing the frame, (swapping from car to car)

No tubes, tires deflate in about 3 months.

Hoosier is designed for no tubes, where as mickeys are supposed to have tubes.
No issues without the tubes if they are seated correctly and the rims are CLEAN.

BW

Yea, that was my main question I guess, because I found the size I wanted in the MT's, (which is what i really hope to get. mt's) but they called for tubes, and I never thought to question that. I thought if they required tubes, then that was that, ya gotta run tubes. But I guess ya dont... But 3 months is fine, as that's about the only time I get to drive my car. Our summers are about 2 months here anyways. :(
thanks for your help. This has helped me tremendously now that I dont have to bust my ass looking for some good tires that I can run. Sweet, thanks :)

Back