You can type here any text you want

Want some advice on chips, 50 pounders

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fatride

My sig. tells what's on the car. Should I stick with 23* chip or go with 18*?? With ALKY? I don't drive the car that much but when I do, I run about 98 octane, and a little ALKY. I have a 23* TESTA chip now. The idle is a little rough. Any suggestions guy's??
Thanks

Why run 98 octane and alky? Maybe I'm just jealous......:D
I run 92 octane and alky with a 24 degree chip, 24psi boost no knock, so I would stick with your 23 degree.
Why are you looking to change?

We'l I'm kind of new to the alky thing, and I want to get a chip that will work well with it. I thought I need less degree in the chip. Also I have a rough idle with my current chip. When I run on 93 octane with my alky set at half I get about 2-3 degrees of knock, with about 19/20 psi. How high do you have your alky set??

I have my alky pump speed on full, turn on at about 14psi, and boost from 22-24psi no knock......

Isn't that bad after a while, I mean that much alky? One other stupid question, how do you set the pump to turn on with boost? Also What do you have your FP set at w/line off?? Thanks for all your input:D I keep my pump speed set at the half way mark, I was worried to set it any higher.
Nick

Back