Want to lower car, badly improve brakes

milehighGN

I was wondering what setup someone has to lower the car, and greatly improve the braking on these. I have the vacum setup for braking, and this thing simply won't haul me down fast enough. To do the 12" disc, 10" rear disc upgrade.....do I need the powermaster? What kind of springs will lower and stiffen the ride (i know Eibachs are great). Which ones work with the B-body spindle? Any help would be great.

Hotchkis has a good suspension for the g-body's. I have one on my car. It also has a Hotchkis upper control arm with f-body spindle and brake kit. For some of the best brakes, check out Baer. They make systems for the front and rear.

Nick

Sweet...how much did that run? How hard to install? Did you end up doing springs?. I miss my 02 WRX's 18's speedlines and H&R springs:( . That car did handle bad ass. ;)

I have the TVE (total vehicle system) on my car. It was close to $1000. The upper a-arms are $500, $1000 with f-body spindles. But if you go baer they include a spindle with their brake kit ($1100). This stuff isnt cheap, but it makes a huge difference in the way the car drives. I didnt install it myself, my buddy was taking a suspension/brake class and did it for me. I have some pics of it if you want.

Nick

That'd be sweet to see some pics. I just feel kind of reluctant to drop $1500 on the suspension ( i couldve had full H&R coil overs on my WRX for that kinda money).

I know, it hurt. But you get alot of parts for the money. Get me your e-mail and I can send you some pics of the car.

Nick