You can type here any text you want

Want to upgrade my exhaust

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
My thoughts are the 3" cross flow from RJC , I heard Pypes is coming out with a 3" system . Any thoughts guys ?

4 inch single shot from rjc. I run no cat or muffler,straight off down pipe and out the back. Kinda loud but it doesn't bother me in the least.

It is loud but i could care less,louder the better. Everybody with the one cat,x pipe ,cross overs, two mufflers, over the rear,tailpipes not slanting perfect ect. Its all a pain in the ass, rjc 3 inch will do you fine.

I do know the Pypes are very good exhaust and half the price of the RJC , GN1 and TRcustoms parts . With all my upgrades I'm wanting mine to breathe a little better and not to mention turning the BOOST up and we all like that BOOST ;);););)

Here's a question; how can two (2) 2.5" pipes restrict what comes thru one 3" pipe?

I made the mistake Keith back in 99 of throwing money at my stock gn for a bunch of mismatched too big parts including a 3" exhaust, system was loud heavy n droned, car was a slouch on the street.. took me a lot of reading here to realize a properly matched small combo will destroy a car with a bunch of un-thoughtout kool guy parts.

I made the mistake Keith back in 99 of throwing money at my stock gn for a bunch of mismatched too big parts including a 3" exhaust, system was loud heavy n droned, car was a slouch on the street.. took me a lot of reading here to realize a properly matched small combo will destroy a car with a bunch of un-thoughtout kool guy parts.
Read in my sig of my upgrades from stock . Would a car not perform better with my upgrades with a 3" exhaust vs stock exhaust ? meaning turning up the boost ?

Dont know what boost your running already, except for springs upgrades mostly bolt ons. Might possibly get up to 18-20 with everything spot on. Opening the exhaust can only help.

Read in my sig of my upgrades from stock . Would a car not perform better with my upgrades with a 3" exhaust vs stock exhaust ? meaning turning up the boost ?
No. Stock cam/heads & 49 its just unneeded weight & noise. Same with front mount, duttneck would be better w/ a 49 & alky instead your adding weight and moving it in an undesired direction (think battery in trunk).

Edit.. Just noticed you asked vs stock, yes it would be better than stock but stock is only 2 1/4..

Last edited:
Keith, did I steer you wrong on those wires? Well, I won't here either when I tell you, "You can't go wrong with any RJC system." They don't drone, are made of T304 stainless(so it'll last), and are all made in the USA(except his 5" dp). He sources his metal from near him to keep and meet the strictest of quality control. Stay away from that chinese junk that's floating around.

But on a side note, a big restrictive part on your exhaust system that you may not realize, is the elbow of your dp. Why not open it up and step up to a RJC 5" dp? Ok, the pipe is chinese(my only exception), but its flange and test pipe are not. I actually installed one awhile back after Jason talked me into it, and I'm sure glad he did. Not only is it a beautiful piece of craftsmanship, but it's actually functionable as well. Jason's a solid dude and was spot on with his anylsis after extensive testing. I was a bit skeptical because of its size, but he's 100% correct when he says there's power to gain by exhausting into a larger diameter elbow. Even a mildly built car can and will pick up with one. Plus, the unbelievable thing about it, besides the added power and not droning, is it's actually quieter than my old ATR 3" dp.

Keith, if you need to, then save up. There's nothing worse than buyer's remorse and having to spend twice, because you didn't get it right the first time around. Do yourself a favor, call Jason. He'll help you make an educated decision based off his knowledge and experience. Just don't call him first thing in the morning while he's dropping his kids off at school, his dad's a machinist.

Last edited:
I had a test pipe with an electric dump at 24 lbs thru the stock exhaust but I didn't like that look or how it smelled so I went back to a 3 " test pipe thru the stock exhaust and backed it back to 21 lbs

Keith, did I steer you wrong on those wires? Well, I won't here either when I tell you, "You can't go wrong with any RJC system." They don't drone, are made of T304 stainless(so it'll last), and are all made in the USA(except his 5" dp). He sources his metal from near him to keep and meet the strictest of quality control. Stay away from that chinese junk that's floating around.

But on a side note, a big restrictive part on your exhaust system that you may not realize, is the elbow of your dp. Why not open it up and step up to a RJC 5" dp? Ok, the pipe is chinese(my only exception), but its flange and test pipe are not. I actually installed one awhile back after Jason talked me into it, and I'm sure glad he did. Not only is it a beautiful piece of craftsmanship, but it's actually functionable as well. Jason's a solid dude and was spot on with his anylsis after extensive testing. I was a bit skeptical because of its size, but he's 100% correct when he says there's power to gain by exhausting into a larger diameter elbow. Even a mildly built car can and will pick up with one. Plus, the unbelievable thing about it, besides the added power and not droning, is it's actually quieter than my old ATR 3" dp.

Keith, if you need to, then save up. There's nothing worse than buyer's remorse and having to spend twice, because you didn't get it right the first time around. Do yourself a favor, call Jason. He'll help you make an educated decision based off his knowledge and experience. Just don't call him first thing in the morning while he's dropping his kids off at school, his dad's a machinist.
Jason is a great guy , I have bought some stuff from him and its great he answers the phone when you call , Just like Nick M , David H and Eric M . Its so great to have guys like them and yall to help out.

Back