WARNING Stage 1 Automotive

gnx017

I am posting this as a Severe Warning to anyone who has work done at Stage 1 Automotive located in Pomptom Plains NJ.

There have been several issues regarding work performed at Stage 1, I have been silent until today, however; it is necessary to let everyone know what type of work Rob has performed.

1. The upper and lower nuts that hold the panhard rod in place on the driver are missing, the only thing holding the section together is the bolts!!! We noticed this last evening when were strapping the vehicle to the trailer.

2. I had engines mods / upgrades; turbo, injectors, etc. The boost was set to 26 lbs.

3. When the Baer brakes were installed front/rear, they rears were not installed properly, they were not hub centric. It looked like a Little Rascals scene going down the road.

Fortunately, I have not driven the vehicle far and hard since the work was performed 8/4/00.

I am not one to slander or slam anyone, but this is notice to check your vehicle closely and inspect everything he has touched

Respectfully,

Stratos

I am posting this as a Severe Warning to anyone who has work done at Stage 1 Automotive located in Pomptom Plains NJ.

There have been several issues regarding work performed at Stage 1, I have been silent until today, however; it is necessary to let everyone know what type of work Rob has performed.

1. The upper and lower nuts that hold the panhard rod in place on the driver are missing, the only thing holding the section together is the bolts!!! We noticed this last evening when were strapping the vehicle to the trailer.

2. I had engines mods / upgrades; turbo, injectors, etc. The boost was set to 26 lbs.

3. When the Baer brakes were installed front/rear, they rears were not installed properly, they were not hub centric. It looked like a Little Rascals scene going down the road.

Fortunately, I have not driven the vehicle far and hard since the work was performed 8/4/00.

I am not one to slander or slam anyone, but this is notice to check your vehicle closely and inspect everything he has touched

Respectfully,

Stratos

This careless work was performed on a GNX?

A little late..

"Fortunately, I have not driven the vehicle far and hard since the work was performed 8/4/00".

w/ the complaint???:confused:
Sounds like the 90 yr old lady telling the desk sgt she'd been raped, in 1955. When asked if she wanted to file a report, she said "no, I just want to talk about it.":D

Yes,

We are checking every nut and bolt. As far as the complaint is concerned, the suspension item was found this past sunday at the Kirban event. It was the last straw for me, as I stated originally I dont slam anyone, however this could have wrecked the car and injured me and my family!!

7 years ago is a bit too long IMO

Did U address ur findings with the owner? How it was handled is kind of important when ur bashing a business. Maybe there was a bad employee at the time. Any details?

Did U address ur findings with the owner?

Rob is the owner!;) Known him since the "Car & Custom" wars in the late 80's
Lets say he couldn't keep up with our Mustangs,Camaro's an Buicks.:D

Rob is the owner!;) Known him since the "Car & Custom" wars in the late 80's
Lets say he couldn't keep up with our Mustangs,Camaro's an Buicks.:D

This goes to show you how important it is to make sure you get references before going to any ole repair shop. I am picky about my every day clunker let alone my GN. I cannot imagine getting my GNX back from the shop and there are missing bolts and unfinished work.