Waste gate actuator problem

mred355

Hi Guys. I have been hearing a lot things to do to cure this problem. I am running 22 lbs. of boost on my 1987 Grand National and have been getting oil in the waste gate activator. Not sure how to figure out where its coming from and how to solve the problem. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanx in advance Ed

You have oil getting INTO the wastegate?

I assume this is a stock wastegate?

How are the vacuum lines coming from your turbo to wastegate plumbed? Does the vacuum line go straight from the compressor fitting to the wastegate?

I'm thinking it may be a seal on the turbo if you are talking about A LOT of oil.

Do you happen to have any pictures, by chance?

It has an adjustable waste gate activator and the vacume plumbing is correct. I also was thinking that the compressor needs new steel rings. Just wondered if anything else could cause the problem. I do rebuild engines and transmissions and seeing as the turbo works great, I would like to take it apart and put a kit into it. Hell if it dont work out I could get a replacement. Sounds like a challenge. Just not sure where to get the parts. Its a Precision Garrett A/R 60 M 24

Hey Bud,

I shot you a PM just now.

I am a WORK turbo dealer and should be able to hook you up with a rebuild kit if that is what you'd like to do.

I sent my contact to you in the PM.

-Tyler