You can type here any text you want

Wastegate Solenoid

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bigballsbilly

I have a manual boost controller and don't have any vacuum lines going to my waste gate solenoid.

If you don't plug the wiring connector into the solenoid I will get a code. So can I cut the wires and connect them to remove the solenoid altogether? Or will a code still come on?

No you can't. You will blow the driver in the computer if you connect the two wires together.

No you cannot cut the wires and put them together. You will blow a fuse if you are lucky and a driver circuit in the ecm if your not.

The ecm is looking for the resistance of the coil in the solenoid and when its not there it throws the code.

Either leave the solenoid plugged in but not plumbed in or you will have to put a resistor across the 2 power wires to simulate the solenoid being there. You should measure the coil resistance for the proper ohm value to use....I do not remember exactly but it is something like 20 ohms.

With any TurboTweak chip, you can unplug it and it won't set a code. Most if not all of the Extender chips are the same way.

Thanks for the answers. I'll try to leave it unplugged since I have a TT chip and see what happens.

Back