Water/air intercooler anyone using them?

sean Buick 76

Buick nut to the bone
I am looking for info on anyone using an air/water intercooler on the turbo Buick V6.

I am twin turbocharging a Buick 350 and was thinking that a nice direct tubing from the turbos to the throttle body would be best. If I used an intercooler like this one I could avoid a bunch of extra bends and feet of tubing to and from an air/air intercooler:

Barrel Style Water to Air Intercooler

You can't beat a air unit on the street I have test it. The water will run 25 degrees hotter than ambient air at all times even with a huge rad to cool the water down, There are too many inefficiency;s between the two cores. However if its track only go with water and alot of ice and it will work better than air for a few minutes anyway.

I have the Type 5 from the website you showed. It was $299.00 Here is a link to some pics of it installed on my car: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/hybrids/270436-1963-chevy-ii.html You cannot see a whole lot of it because I put it sideways and it goes into the fender (it does not hit the tire though) I ran the type 101 Water to air radiator(heat exchanger) and the The BOSH pump they sell. For the tank I bought a nice aluminum Tank from summit racing which was for a mini dragster gas tank application( I had to tig an additional bigger fitting to the side of the tank for the return). It has the large sealed gas cap so you can put ice in it if you want. I never have put ice in it or ran any pre or post temp comparisons, but I will say the throttle response and boost response seem great and during the summer I had it set to 15 psi Boost with 21 degrees timing and pump gas and it worked great! One word of advice would be to price EVERYTHING before you buy. After you factor the summit water lines, the AN fittings the tank, the aluminum pipes/hoses/clamps the wiring/relays it pretty much doubled the install price. So make sure you diagram everything out and price everything or you may be shocked. I ended up spending 1k by the time everything was said and done. NOTE: if you do not use all the AN and summit lines it would save ALOT of money! I hope this helps :D