You can type here any text you want

water pump install instruction

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tzque

I started to take out my water pump n I want to know how much do I hv to remove . Does anyone have instructiions on the best way to do it

You will need to .....

post your sig. to get a reply. What year vehicle do you have, slic or f/m? etc.:confused:

Loosen the water pump pulley bolts with a 1/2" wrench, remove the turbo inlet hose, remove the up pipe from the intercooler and the throttle body, (put a rag into the intercooler inlet or remove the intercooler and clean it out with a few cans of brake claner while you are at it) remove the belt (use an 18mm long wrench on the tensioner pully bolt). Remove the water pump pulley (use 1/2" wrench), Drain the coolant from the car. Remove the bolts that hold the water pump to the timing cover. There are 1/2" and 7/16" head sizes and one 15mm for the upper stud. Scrape the old gasket off of the timing cover. Reverse the process and you are done. Use thread sealant on all the bolts. Use a light film of silicone on both sides of the water pump gasket.

Back