You can type here any text you want

Water pump replacement issue.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Daniel Lane

I followed all the steps on gnttype.org. Just wondering if I have to pop the alignment pin out of old water pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not sure about the pin but make sure you use thread sealer in the bolts that need it.

D

Yes, you need to pull that pin out of the old pump and reinstall it into the timing cover and like Evil said use sealant on the bolt threads or you will have a leak

Use a very thin layer of silicone on both sides of the gasket.

Use Pertmatex Thread Sealant with PTFE (Item #80632) on the 4 long bolts. I have read where some people use it on all the bolts but I don't think that is necessary. The 4 long blots are the ones that go into the water jacket.

D

Felpro gaskets and #2 permatex on the long bolt threads. Never had a leak in over 30 years.

The long bolts are the only one that need sealant. Put a little antizeeze on the small bolts that thread into aluminum.

On the gasket, soak it in water for a little bit and let it swell up a little. That'll keep it from leaking.

Well got the pump back on. Put sealant on the long bolts and put a thin layer of water resistant silicone gasket maker on the gasket. She doesn't leak from there anymore. Think she sprung another though on the hard line between the heater and the water pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back