waterwetter

jlat

hello; anyone try waterwetter in there cars? If so please tell how you made out.
IBBY

A few years back I switched from antifreeze to Redline Water wetter.
Saw about an 8 degree drop in temp without other changes. :)

In the very early '90's, we used Waterwetter. After a couple years, the radiators started leaking. After checking, found tubes leaking at the headers as the solder was going away, and the solution in the radiator was corrosive.:mad:

WW does not contain additives to inhibit corrosion

At that point we went with RMI-25 and have seen no problems, and radiators have lasted for years and still worked like new.

If RMI is added with antifreze, you should see a 5-10 degree drop in operating temp.

Drain the antifreeze and fill with water and RMI, there will be a 15-20 degree drop in temp.:smile:

From the water wetter website, it works. ;)

" Water Wetter® Super Coolant

WaterWetter® is a unique wetting agent for cooling systems which reduces coolant temperatures by as much as 30ºF. This liquid product can be used to provide rust and corrosion protection in plain water for racing engines, which provides much better heat transfer properties than glycol-based antifreeze. Or it can be added to new or used antifreeze to improve the heat transfer of ethylene and propylene glycol systems. Designed for modern aluminum, cast iron, copper, brass and bronze systems.

· Doubles the wetting ability of water
· Improves heat transfer
· Reduces cylinder head temperatures
· May allow more spark advance for increased torque
· Reduces rust, corrosion and electrolysis of all metals
· Provides long term corrosion protection
· Cleans and lubricates water pump seals
· Prevents foaming
· Reduces cavitation corrosion
· Complexes with hard water to reduce scale "

hello; SalvageV6 with a write up like that it sounds superduper. But it is written by the maker.
thanks for that comeback.
IBBY

And Nicks was written by a salesman for the product. :p

I'd trust the maker over a salesman anyday. ;) :biggrin:

No offense to anyone here however, just trying to present their case. :smile:

I use gunk water pump lube with it, with water only, and the gunk lube is cheap.

Have also used RMI-25 with water and anti-freeze mixtures.

It's all good and works okay. :cool:

Neither one has lowered my temp.s. to what's claimed however.

I use Water Wetter exclusively in my race bikes, and have for years without issue. It DOES lower operating temps in both high strung multicylinder machines and loping liquid cooled V-twins. Understand that you'll need to do annual cooling system maintenance, and you're good to go.

Nick ie. ArizonaGN should have the RMI on their site and I know Jack Cotton also sells it last time I was up there. :cool:

Pep Boys has water wetter. ;)

If I only have Water-Wetter or Purple Ice available in the summer months, I use it with distilled water (Only) and i put in about 20% prestone to combat corrosion and does drop temps 8-10 Degrees. No problems...

I just started useing it ,will it damage crankshaft bearings if we damage a head gasket and water and RMI MIX are mixed with oil

I drove 20 miles on a blown head gasket and had quite a milkshake when i got home. Cleaned everything up replaced the gasket and moved on. RMI worked for me.

all ways used WW in everything, on the the track they only allow water or water w/WW as coolant is more slippery then oil

.......... Neither one has lowered my temp.s. to what's claimed however.

Not doubting your data, but was your coolant temp already at/below the thermostat opening temp? That is the only way I could not see it work .... ;)

Having said that .......... corrosion
The water wetter seems so slow down corrosion as compared to plain water, but not eliminate it. Always had some brown crap in the overflow. Never really appreciated that part of the equation.

Nope A/C on in the summer with a old 20 year old stock radiator.

In the winter I'm sure it works great. ;) :biggrin:

The Sable fan upgrade over the stocker got me 10 degrees easy probably closer to 15 on that car.

Going to an aluminum radiator with stock tanks for oil and water in the GN someday. :cool:

RMI works good at the cleaning aspect. :smile:

hello; Salvage, I would like to here more on your sable fan upgrade. Was it an easy swap? Is this something you thought about? Any part #'s
thanks man
IBBY