You can type here any text you want

WB is not reading any ideas?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rickerbucks

Hey guys.

I sent my ECU and WB sensor to FAST and they sent it back saying that it was fine. They sent a data log that basically proved it was OK.

However, I have it installed and although the the computer "sees" the WB - there is a Lambda signal on the screen - it is not getting a reading from the sensor. it just stays stuck at 15.94. It does not move. Not at all.

I checked for exhaust leaks. There is no audible or visible evidance of a leak at the header or at the plugged air pump bung.

I checked that the harness was wired correctly and it does appear to be all wired correctly.

What else can I do to try and check things?

Check the configuration screen. I think you have it in the wrong mode.

You need to set the ECM for Speed Density.

You may have it in the Alpha N mode.

The other thing to check is the Dashboard. Make sure you have the MAP kpa field selected. The O2 wont work without that field in the datalogging functions. I dont know if it is the same for normal operation.

Good luck

I have asked this question too. Referring to the O2 reading. I came to a conclusion that the the close loop doesn't kick in until it reach the RPM setting. There is a menu call close loop parameters that you can set the RPM range and temp when you want it to go into close loop. Therefore, the actual A/F will read in close loop but it will not when it in open loop. That what I think and it may not be right. Thanks, Robert

Is there any indicator that says when you are in closed loop or open loop?

I do not THINK that is an issue but it may be.

I'm 99% sure I'm in speed density mode but I will check.

I also think I need to heck the siring from the ECU right through to the sensor. However, I do not know what voltage I'm looking for not do I know exactly where the seven wires are specifically suppose to connect to in the ECU.

Just to remind you, I have a piggy back harness BUT the O2 sensor ihasits own harness and is NOT spliced into the factory harness.

It does not matter if you are in Alpha-N or speed/density mode, actually. The O2 sensor will work in either mode. Whether or not you are in closed loop or not depends on a couple other things.

There are some settings in closed loop parameters that must be set correctly. In order to operate in closed loop mode, you must exceed the RPM setting in "Closed Loop HIGH RPM". It will stay in closed loop until you fall back below the RPM setting in "Closed Loop LOW RPM".

You must be above the minimum temp specified in this screen as well.

The "Closed Loop Enable" check box must be checked.

You can leave the hot and cold delays at 10 seconds.

The "correct" settings for the closed loop gain and closed loop step vary with each application, but these settings won't effect the ability to operate in closed loop.

Another thing to check is that there isn't any after start fuel being applied. Look in the after start vs. CTS screen and make sure that the sensor called "AFT correction" shows zero percent. Until it does, you won't be able to go into closed loop.

Hope this helps!

Back