You can type here any text you want

WB o2 life?????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
According to the people at Motec, the NTK wideband has only a life span of 500 hours, and 50 hours on leaded fuel.

That equates to 27,500 miles at 55 mph, and 2750 miles on leaded fuel, just somethink to think about.

Originally posted by norbs
According to the people at Motec, the NTK wideband has only a life span of 500 hours, and 50 hours on leaded fuel.
That equates to 27,500 miles at 55 mph, and 2750 miles on leaded fuel, just somethink to think about.

Hmm, I wonder how Honda got them certified for 50K miles then?.
Thou the standard may have been much higher then that, I forget the mileage for that series of emission standards.

It's carbon particles the shorten the life of them. Well tuned engines should get lots of hours before killing them.

The trick part of designing one is the heater, a poorly designed heater will shorten the life of the sensor. Which is a design problem not a sensor problem.

I had well over 10K miles on my DIY-WB before a dumb error on my part killed it. And I'd been doing ALOT of freezing weather startup tuning, without harming it.

I just saw a car last week that STILL has the original sensor that came with the FP Performance system he got in 1997. It's a race car only but it has a zillion passes on it.

I've still got the original sensor with the box I bought in the summer of 98.

Well i think 1/4 mile at a time would take a while to accumulate 2500 miles.

OK so is there an official lifespan for the FAST wb o2?

Back