We 4 Need Help Michigan

ray mc

Hello Need Help With T-type The Turbo Went Do Not Know What To Do To Fixs Thanks Ray 1-734-740-7560

May be helpful to post up your "problem", then someone can determine if they can help with your situation:confused:

motor smokes when the turbo is on whould like to know where to get one re bulit impillar is all broken up do you have to clean the motor out rebuild the motor thanks alot

motor smokes when the turbo is on whould like to know where to get one re bulit impillar is all broken up do you have to clean the motor out rebuild the motor thanks alot

Impeller pieces will likely be found in intercooler--not likely to have gotten into engine. Smoking likely from bad turbo exhaust-side oil seal. Disconnect/plug oil line to turbo & excessive smoking should cease (turbo is shot anyhow).

What you use for turbo replacement depends on other mods done (or anticipated). What's your current set-up & goals??

thanks for the info MONTE what i know about the car is it has a 3.5 down pipe think it has a bigger turbo or had a bigger one need to find that out any ideal how to tell what size it would be ran good when it was runing would but it back the way it is i think maybe a change if the wife dose not find out thanks alot RAY THE INTERCOOLER IS NOT THE STOCK ONE NEED TO LEARN MORE ABOUT MY CAR

No offence but commas and periods help.

There are some turbo indentification sites on the net, you can try and messure the compressor wheel and post. Post pics if you have a digital camera.

Does the turbo inlet look like a horn thats bolted to the turbo with 2 bolts?
or is it solid?

check stampings on the compressor does it say A/R 60? 63? 70? etc

every little thing helps

Sorry not the best on typeing. The turbo does have a horn that bolts to it with two bolts. THANKS RAY

Sorry not the best on typeing. The turbo does have a horn that bolts to it with two bolts. THANKS RAY

ok thats a T/A series, now for some numbers.

but since it shredded, you need to pull the IC and clean it, pull the turbo, drop down your ECM, remove the little panel on it and get the numbers off of the chip and post.

its gonna cost some money to either buy a new turbo or at the least get yours rebuilt which starts at 200 easy.

whats your budget?

Post as much as you can...

does it have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? ( on top of the reg it will have an allen wrench bolt with a lock nut)

Fuel pump: go to the back of car, look under at gas tank and see if it has what is called a hot wire, should be a plug in unit with a small box, a few grounds and another wire running up front to the Alt.

pull the numbers off of the chip, pictures would help, even if you have to go to a gas station and get cheap disposable from Habib, take pics, have them put on cd, put the pics from cd onto your computer, go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket, upload the pics then paste the image link onto this thread.

It make take a little research and setup time to get some help but it will save you money in the long run insted of throwing parts at it

I Will Do My Best To Get Pictures. I Will Go Out To The Barn An Look At It,an Post Some More Info Thanks Alot Ray

First, check for snakes (& other "vermin") in the barn,,,

Go ahead and remove IC (you need do this for clean-out anyhow), then look for some #'s & take pix for us to see,,

Double-check your 3.5" DP measurement--as that's a ****per & plenty-BIG for BIG goals (stock is 2.5"--& most step-up to just a 3.0"),,,

Remove turbo-shield & take pix of both sides for us to see (likely TA series per you earlier comment--2-bolt inlet bell/ like stock) and, as already stated, note any numbers on both compressor & exhaust housings,,,

Put a mini-fridge in your barn & stock-up w/ beer--you're gonna need it!

[So far, this does not appear to be a HUGE problem--turbo only!?];)

Got turbo off today, Here are some numbers off the Compressor they are a/r .60 m10, Exhaust housing is, a/r .63 m3 g2 There is not a adjustable fuel pressure regulator,no hot wire for fuel pump.The down pipe is 3in THANKS AGAIN MAYBE WE WILL GET RUNNING SOON. Still working on pictures. How do i clean the ic ( mini-fridge on the way)

remove the Icooler:

youll have to remove the shroud then you'll have a few misc bolts eh
My self id pour kerosene if real dirty and a trip to the car wash helps..let dry upside down.

get a replacement turbo first..i seen a stock one for sale in the 4sale section
no use going any bigger unless you plan on spending alot, your gonna need a better fuel pump and hotwire anyway, adjustable fuel reg, better injectors and a new chip.

how much was you lookin to spend again?:biggrin:

Was Only Looking To Spend 1000. Would A Te44 Be Okay To Use? I Heard The Ta49 Is Not As Good As At44. Would Like To Go A Little Bigger Than Stock Thanks Ray

the 44 is close to the 49, non stock appearing with solid inlet, flows a little more and about 40 more hp providing the rest is in order.

if you can find one for 500 or less then use the other 500 for new injectors and chip.
then what ever is left over, work on getting new fuel pump and hotwire.

mike

Been working alot of hours at work . I talk to red armstrong. think i am going with a ta-49