"We brake for corvettes."

What does this mean? Ive seen it several times.. but im not quite sure it means.. does it mean something like we slow down for them or something?

It means that they secretly envy them, and instead of the plate insulting them, they're unintentionally admitting that the 'vette is top dog, that they have an inferiority complex, and the chronic need to lash out at what they wish they were.

That's just my take on that kind of thing :D

In 1987 the GN was quicker than the Corvette and the phrase the Buick engineers used to rub it in when they were talking with the Chevy guys was "we brake for Corvettes" (we brake so the poor, slow Corvettes can catch up :)). At least that's the story I heard, and it was on the Internet so it must be true :).

Originally posted by Welby
It means that they secretly envy them, and instead of the plate insulting them, they're unintentionally admitting that the 'vette is top dog, that they have an inferiority complex, and the chronic need to lash out at what they wish they were.

That's just my take on that kind of thing :D
are you a toll booth attendent?? :D

lol i wish i wouldnt have asked such a stupid question, i should have done a search. oh well, if someone in the future (which will probaly have more briain power than me) will probaly do a search and find this, thanks :cool: