You can type here any text you want

Wear on backside of stock cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87 WE2

Check out the wear on this cam, any issues reuseing this?

P1010095.jpg

P1010096.jpg

P1010097.jpg

Id take a close look at the block. Its softer than the cam.

Id take a close look at the block. Its softer than the cam.

I know about the block, it has some wear that looks fixable. The cam is perfect other then the wear on the back side. Wondering if it is ok to reuse it or if it can be machined, smooth again like the block?

Block wear
P1010098.jpg

P1010100.jpg

P1010101.jpg

Cam wear

Block is definately fixable. Find a machinist that cares and is willing to mill the block to .040 and drill the block for 2 roll pins. Then go to the TA Performance site and buy one of their oil bronze washers .040. Then have the machinist notch the edge of the washer to align with the roll pins )keeps the washer from spinning) and your are in business. Been there done that and it works. Have the machinst pay attention to the oil gallerys and stay away with the roll pin holes. My machinist know TR Motors and is awesome. Good luck!

Mitch

I know about the block, it has some wear that looks fixable. The cam is perfect other then the wear on the back side. Wondering if it is ok to reuse it or if it can be machined, smooth again like the block?

Block wear
P1010098.jpg

P1010100.jpg

P1010101.jpg

:rolleyes: that aint nothin'

Just turn it lightly in a lathe and make sure its smooth. Chamfer the oil hole and deburr the sharp edge

Back