You can type here any text you want

Weird electrical problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

72firebird

Weird electrical problemWell I just put in some new front speakers and I got it all back together and go to turn it on and my freaking antenea won't go up. So I just figured I'd deal with it later and went on to do other things. Then my brother pointed out my power locks and dome light weren't working. I looked in the fusebox and all fuses appear to be good. I checked the metal cased ones with a multimeter but just visually inspected the others. Which fuse would my problem be or is it something besides for a fuse? I'd like to have my antenae this weekend for a 3-4 trip to Norwalk.

Nobody has any clues? I think I'm gunna check all the fuses with the multimeter tonight and beyond that I have no idea.

Check that fuse again.

When I was hunting for a TTA - many had broken power antennas - a common problem. Most of the time, the owners said they disconnected the fuse for the power antenna so the antenna motor would stop running. When they did this, the power door locks and dome light wouldn't work.

Let us know what you find out...

Chris
------------
1989 Turbo Trans Am #760 (1563 miles)
1983 Delorean DMC-12
1985 Kawasaki Eliminator ZL900

Don't know if you were under the dash but my antenna wire had been cut behind the right side kick plate. When I fixed the antenna, I had to go back and trace the wires to find the problem. If you had the dash apart is it possible that a wire had been spliced and got knocked loose? I may be reaching but anything is possible.

src76ta said:
Don't know if you were under the dash but my antenna wire had been cut behind the right side kick plate. When I fixed the antenna, I had to go back and trace the wires to find the problem. If you had the dash apart is it possible that a wire had been spliced and got knocked loose? I may be reaching but anything is possible.

I did the heater core also but I have used the antenna since then. The only thing that is different is I installed the two front speakers (I tested it with one in before putting the dash pad back on and the antenna worked fine and so did the speaker) and the only thing different form then to now is installing the dash pad and the drivers side speaker.

Back