Welcome to ...Internet Auction Finds & Frauds Forum.

Jesse

Administrator
We have received many request to have a forum that caters to the buying & selling world of "Online Auctions" like ebay.

Online auctions are a good place to find many interesting and useful products , it also is a place that you can easily find yourself a victim of fraud.

So this forum is for you experience internet shoppers to let your fellow TB.com members know where the good internet auction finds and frauds are.

If there are any suggestions or questions about this forum please fill free to let us know.

Jesse
:cool:

Great idea here, might be useful for some insight from people who know certain cars listed on Ebay and the likes to prevent people like me from buying rust buckets from 1200 miles away.:mad: Cut down on some of the B.S. some are trying to pass off to others also.

Jesse; Doe's this forum only pertain to e-bay items only? What about the fraud or rip off artist that haunt the buick community? What can we do if a situation like fraud or being ripped off by a (so called member) happens to rip off one of are hard working members? THANKS Mike.C

Originally posted by mec108
Jesse; Doe's this forum only pertain to e-bay items only? What about the fraud or rip off artist that haunt the buick community? What can we do if a situation like fraud or being ripped off by a (so called member) happens to rip off one of are hard working members? THANKS Mike.C

Actually, if I'm understyanding this correct, member related issues belong in the Feedback forum. Especially if it relates to a recent transaction. Please review the feedback rules prior to posting.

Originally posted by gofstbuick
Actually, if I'm understyanding this correct, member related issues belong in the Feedback forum. Especially if it relates to a recent transaction. Please review the feedback rules prior to posting.
:)

Jesse, I want your opinion on a post I'd like to send to you. It is more for laughs about bad writing/editing than any sort of serious warning about the hazards of using Ebay.

Like many, I'm an Ebay fan and watcher often checking the auctions to see whats going on with the Turbo cars. As much as anything these Ebay adds are often unintentionally funny or ridiculous in the statements sellers make so as to sell their car.

Just for laughs, I've made a list of "Top ten things to NOT say in your Ebay Add". FYI, number 7 on my list is: "The paint on this GN is a 10, except for the keyed scratch and rusted quarters and trunk lid." This is not an actual quote(protect the innocent) but is very close to some of the not so smart things that are said in Ebay adds.

This kind of contradiction occurs more often than you'd expect, and apparently the seller doesn't realize he's saying something kinda stupid. One of my other favorite contradiction adds is the type that claims "I bought this GN from an old lady who said she never abused it. Then I spent two years and many thousands of dollars restoring the car." The seller unintentionally suggests the car was a piece of junk which was not what he intended by referring to the old lady as the prior owner.

Anyway Jesse, let me know if you think there would be interest and if so advise me on where it should post. If you want, I can email the list of ten to you for review. Give me the address for this if so. Don Loveless

We have received many request to have a forum that caters to the buying & selling world of "Online Auctions" like ebay.

Online auctions are a good place to find many interesting and useful products , it also is a place that you can easily find yourself a victim of fraud.

So this forum is for you experience internet shoppers to let your fellow TB.com members know where the good internet auction finds and frauds are.

If there are any suggestions or questions about this forum please fill free to let us know.

Jesse
:cool:
Hi Jesse. BEWARE OF GM-SUPERCHARGER.COM Wanted to let everyone know about a fraudulent part seller I have dealt with. gm-supercharger.com, and his name is Chuck. I ordered a accumulator ball June 2014. After not receiving anything for a couple of weeks, I was informed it was on back order (this was after I e-mailed him). I waited a month, and still nothing. Chuck then stopped returning my e-mails and phone calls. My wife called him from a different phone and left him a message, in July, that she was restoring a GN, he promptly returned her call. She then told him who she was and that we were requesting a refund of the $145.47, he stated it would be refunded in a couple weeks. I called Pay Pal in Sept to try to get somewhere, they said you have to make a claim within 30 days - how convenient he said it was on back-order for over 30 days? It is now Nov 2014, and chuck will not return any correspondence. So, I don't have the accumulator ball or the 145.47. Pass this along to anyone who might consider purchasing anything from this joke of a business.

Thanks, SLB 5150