You can type here any text you want

Weld 96 wheel 3.5 or 4.5 backspacing 15/7 frt 15/8 rear

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Notplayn

I have not nor do I want to notch the frame of roll the fender lip. I want to leave it stock. I want to run a 275/50/15 mt et street radial :confused:

Will it hook?

I've heard this route is the best choice for those who don't want to modify the frame or fender lip. I've been looking into the same exact setup and was curious if it would fit. I want to use the P275/50R15 (26"x10") on the 15"x8" 96 prostar rim with 3.5"bs. While I've heard this works great, what I'm really concerned with is traction... I've heard of people launching their cars at boost levels over 15psi but I can only seem to get traction if I launch at 3psi (5psi at the track). Anything over that and the tires go up in smoke. I'm cutting pretty good 60' times of 1.78 with stock turbo, pinion snubber, lower control arms/traction bars, and Mickey T. P235/60R15 (26.1"x8")

I've added TE-60@(19psi pump gas/25psi race gas),50# injectors, 3" THDP w/ cutout, ATR Headers, 70mm TB, and a Precision Turbo FMIC. If I go with the P275/50R15 (26"x10") and airbags, will I see much improvement in my 60' times/traction? Am I headed in the right direction?

Thanks,
Luke

Yes the larger the contact patch you have the more you will hook , providing you have the suspension right.. I would just run a air bag int he passenger side around 16-19 lbs an run the new MT's around 15-19 lbs depending on what they like. That tire will be fine on a 15x8 with 3.5 BS!!

Out of curiosity...

Thanks for the input, RUQWKNF27. I have a set of airbags on the way. I came across the "HRpartsNstuff Air Bag Spacer Kit" on Gbodyparts.com I was wondering what your take was on this product? I've never heard of it before and was just curious to see if you thought it was legit or just a gimmick product...

Thanks again.

Back