You can type here any text you want

Weld or summit racing wheels for slicks?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87GN 98GTP

Andrew
Just don't wana bent either 1 with slicks at track. Anyone have success or failure with either or?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I read this before and if it's still true I'd take it in consideration:

"For street applications, I think that they (summit wheels) would be great, but for drag racing applications, I don't think that they have the strength in the taper seat design. The only thing supporting the wheel to the axle stud is the small conical seat area. The Weld or mag wheel design that uses a lug nut with the washer and shank design on the nut spreads out the load to the longer shank area of the 5 nuts. Big difference. Even though Summit lists them in the race wheel section, I'm not so sure that it should be considered a race wheel but more of a street wheel with the race wheel appearance"

I ran Telstars in the 9's with a conical seat lug. I don't see an issue with the Summit/Jegs wheels.

Thanks guys. Not a big track guy so will prob gett the summit. A lot cheaper lol

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I was so close to ordering a pair of the summit wheels just for track tires. I couldn't decide between the fast five or the outlaw wheels. I slept on it and decided I was defeating the purpose of light weight wheels if I went with the summit cast wheels. I decided on the weld prostar 15x8 4.5bs. Should be here tuesday. ;)
The summit wheels use acorn lugs which made them really tempting along with the price. Welds use the shank type.

Back