Welded in metal for real GNX flare. Anyone done it?

Spoolinup

Hey yall, I am getting my GN back in about 3 weeks and I had my painter cut my GN flares and weld in 1 1/2 inches of metal for a real GNX flare look. Not the fiberglass that does not move the wheel well lip over so you can stick in the big fatty.

Anyone heard of someone doing this?
Any photos?

I plan on running 27x12x15 street slicks on my 15x10 autodrags back there so I liked the idea of the welded in metal moving the wheel well lip over a good 1 1/2 inches. Aside from the meaner look.

I will have photos when I get it back.

I understand wanting to get more tire on....but a few poeple have been 7's now on 28x 10.5's....

And you know that the gnx flares are just fiberglass....bolt on peices.....just like the repos.......Ive been told that the metal under a real gnx flare is somewhat of a hack job.....but I ve never taken one off to look.....

I've been thinking about this latelyl, since I'm in the middle of a bunch of bodywork. My car is lowered and I'd really like my DR's to clear and not need air bags. I was also thinking about upgrading the front suspension, which would push each side out .5" and I think will cause a problem up there as well. I'd be really intereseted to see how it turns out.

Tom