You can type here any text you want

Well I blew my first headgasket tonight

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Re: Re: Well I blew my first headgasket tonight

Originally posted by Scott231
So, was this a little white lie? (no pun intended) :mad:
Were you fogging for mosquitos or was this a little white cloud that you really weren't sure of the size or color?:confused:

i don't understand what you mean by that:confused:

scott ... he didnt' exactly say it was pouring outta his tailpipes; just that he saw it behind him.

hope its just the intake manifold, bud! i've been watching your stories and was thinkin bout yer 25# boost limits for my own car, heh heh. almost scared that idea right outta me head!

keep us posted! :D

Well, possible chain of events:

Intake leaking..gasket eeroded. Slight vacuum leak, possibly into valley. Get on it, pressurized crankcase, finally blew gasket to ooutside. There is a water jacket in the back of the heads. Could have blown out a corner, the boost that was pressurizing the crankcase blew out the leaky spot, blowing oil from the valley and coolant from the passage out. Sprayed on the firewall, dripped/sprayed down on the crossover, lots of smoke.

Loss of power comes from pressure in the intake port blowing out to atmosphere instead of blowing into the head. A % of the charge meant for the cyl blew to atmosphere and you have basically a dropped cyl.

I had this happen to me. The cyl next to the EGR valve was leaking on mine. Ran fine, but when I got on it it felt like a cyl dropped out. And you heard a fluttering "whistle" kind of noise. In checking it out I saw oil sprayed UP the valve cover and proceeded to remove the intake where I found an eroded gasket

Not saying it is your problem, but it very well could be. And Scott, he could have had a loss of power as well. I did.

BTW, a leaking intake CAN milkshake the oil as well. If the car idles OK, I would check for the possibility of a blown out intake gasket before yanking the heads.

OR you blew the Head gaske tinto teh intake side of the motor, and compression is pushing oil out of the motor thru either the valve covers or rear intake seal. Is the car missing a cylinder?
Otto

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
OR you blew the Head gaske tinto teh intake side of the motor, and compression is pushing oil out of the motor thru either the valve covers or rear intake seal. Is the car missing a cylinder?
Otto

no it runs like it's on all 6...like i said when i drove it home it was idling just fine and driving just fine but at idle you could hear a constant loud ticking sound like some kind of seal was blown...

hey guess what guys...last night a headgasket went out in my truck too! what luck i have had in the past two days...i know this is a headgasket because it's blowing white smoke from the tailpipe like crazy and there's no power and it's eating up ALL the antifreeze and causing the motor to overheat after a while

so now i have to tear down that motor too...it's a good thing i have access to two more vehicles!!!:mad:

Back