You can type here any text you want

Went to the M.M. bloodbath last night...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

granatl

TRCM Author
About 2 years ago, our local track started Midnight Mayhem to help cut down on street racing. It's been an overwhelming success for them; they allowed 400 cars in last night.
I decided that I wanted to run in full street trim, just to see what the car would do. This means, my regular radials, ~94 octane + alky, and a 16 degree street chip.
Pass 1 (capped exhaust- ~22 PSI) 13.28 @ 107 2.2 60' (My fastest MPH ever was 109). As I pass the traps, I wonder where the little red Honda that was beside me has disappeared to. In my rear view mirror, I see this little speck and realize that he's crossing 1/2 track!
Pass 2 (uncapped ~26 PSI) 13.0 @ 106 2.0 60' (Car was gargling; so I was lifting). Again I lookup and my competitor is so far back, I have to wonder if he left on an entire round after me.
Pass 3 (uncapped ~26 PSI) 12.6 @ 105 1.8 60' (Gargling again, lots of 3/4 - 9/10 peddling) This final run was against a silver WRX. I remember thinking "Finally some competition." I get to the end and lookup into the mirror and he's at about 3/4 track; definitely more respectible than the 1st two; I wish I could've talked to him afterwards to see his 1/2 of the timeslip.
I think the funky noise is the plug flame blowing out at high boost. I'll re-gap the plugs when I get a chance. The knock detector was not going off. I was very happy to leave there with a 12 second timeslip in street trim, not to mention pulling a 1.8 60' on full PSI radials! It easily could've been like a 12.2 had I not done all the lifting.
I can hardly wait until I get to do this again, in race trim! :D

i can't wait for out track to open up! i won't race on the street anymore and this not racing at all has me going a wee bit crazy.

it almost sounds like you car would run as good capped as uncapped.

It's Flowmaster. As long as I've been able to uncap it, the boost jumps about 3 PSI capped vs. uncapped (I do have an active catalytic convertor after the dump). When I get it to run cleanly above 24 PSI, there should be a nice MPH jump uncapped.

I changed plugs today and 3 of the 6 were definitely worn (only about 1,500 miles on them). I think that's why it was breaking up. Even after changing plugs, it's running poorly today (karma for gloating over import kills). Back to diagnosing...

Originally posted by granatl
I wish I could've talked to him afterwards to see his 1/2 of the timeslip.
That's strange. I have never seen a time slip without both lanes displayed on it. NED uses CompuLink Star Trak. Good kills.

M.M. only gives 1/2 slips; you can even opt to not have your traps displayed; I guess it's for that street racer mentality ("It's an 11 sec car", but really it's a 15 sec one)

I don't think there's anywhere in town that sells 94 (or 92, 93,etc.). I'm just estimating my 91 plus the 100 octane that I added. Funny that 91 octane is about $2.30 per gallon and 100 is $3.99.

jack,

i wish i knew you were gonna run.........i was in town for the p.s.c.a race this weekend :( ......oh weel maybe next time

Shawn,
since you attended that race, can you tell me anything about the white TR with a parachute? I saw it, but never got a chance to talk to the guy. Was it really a TR, or a V8? What did it run?

he was a guy from bc tt-v8 4 link full int ect running low 8's didnt talk to him Dale Pederson from BC. TT SBC Car.

Back