You can type here any text you want

Went to the track tonight and........

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jas89TTA

The tranny is toast I guess it's been slipping and tonight I broke it. The best I could run was a 8.4 something @ 88 mph with a bad tranny (just had to say that). Anyway on the last run I did it would not shift out of gear. On the way home it stay's in first up to about 4200 rpm's with lite throttle and then shifts to second, One time when I tried to accelerate the RPM's went over 5000 and it was like it was in netural and car did not move. Anyone know who can fix the TTA tranny's? Aren't they different than a GN? I had it apart about 2 years ago and was told that someone drilled holes in the valve body so I may need another one and was wondering if the GN one's would work. Thanks, Jason

Sucks to hear about your trans. Here is some info I have gathered on these transmissions so far...
The TTA tranny is tagged "TAF" and the valve body has "TA1" painted on it... the seperator plate is stamped "TA" and has larger holes for the clutch feeds and band break off than the BRF... I have also noticed that the 1-2 accumulator is of a newer design than any I have seen in a GN... It does have the same 694 servo as a GN though... There are probably other enhancements inside that are also for the better... It is definately a great performing 2004R... I suspect that shift points would be close to a BRF but not exactly the same... The TTA came with 3.27 gears with shorter tires and the TAF valve body is probably calibrated a little differently... However, I can't say this for sure as I never did pull the governor out or compare the TA1 valve body internals to the BRF...

Hope this helps you out! I would think someone who is good with GN's transmissions should be able to handle this one in your area. What number TTA is your car? Keep us posted!!
:cool:

Well I just ordered the stage 2 tranny, deep tranny pan and a 10.5 street/strip converter with a 3400 stall from Chris at Ck Performance. Should have it sometime next week. The only thing left to go is the rear :rolleyes: That will probley go out next time with my luck.

Dont worry about the rear:D Julio and I have tested these babies in the 1.5x range and still taking a lickin;)

Things happen though.

Bo

Back