You can type here any text you want

Went to the "Track" Tonight

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

my1stgn

Well I wouldnt really call it a "track" per say since its in Qualcomm and your not really on a track but a parking lot. Well last best time was a 8.9 ET @ 83mph with a 2.3 60' (this is obviously a 1/8 track) Traction sucked as Im using stock 215 size BFG Traction T/A's. Could manage to only launch @ 5" Vacuum or tires would go up in smoke.

First pass of the night Im up against a Honda, go figure. He red lights and runs a 9.88 @ 73mph. I played catch up the whole time and chased him down with a 9.26 @ 78mph with 2.3 60', spinning the tires all through 1st and 2nd.:mad: Made like 4 more passes hot lapping before I realized the right side track sucks! All 2.3 60' with no traction. Ended running best of 8.98 @ 82 mph

So I see Phil out there, a regular who I did some work on his car. Tells me to run the left side track (they have two different tracks side by side, four lanes total) He said they prep it better with VHT and stuff. Well I see all the real cars (not these Honda, Subaru's, Mustang,ect ect) cars running over there so I run with them.

First pass took it easy, ran a 2.1 60' and an 8.8 @ 84.11 mph. So I didnt spin the tires so I decide to lean it out and try to increase boost to around 20psi. Next run 8.5 @ 82mph with 2.0 60' on M/T Sportsmans that are about 10 years ol with 1/8" tread left. Not bad. Launch harder, bump boost to 21psi. Next run 8.39 @ 83.3mph with 1.9 60'. So Im stoked. Made one last pass to make sure it wasnt a fluke, ran a slower 8.42 @ 83.33 mph with 2.0 60'. Good enough for me. This is all with stock i/c with dutt neck, alky running 21psi boost, open diff, old M/T Street tires, stock t-stat, tt chip, un-opened motor with a little over 100k miles...... so I think its good for now.

Next step is to increase boost after I install the PT61DBB turbo sitting in my garage:biggrin: . With better tires and new turbo look to get into the high 7's. Will keep you guys posted!.....

Thanks to my "Pit Crew" Turtle (Slow Luis) and Penny for showing some support and to Rodney (Jolly460) for letting me use his tires:biggrin:

See you guys at the Bates Nut Farm!

Not bad at all Victor....as tempting it is to throw on your other turbo I'm curious to see how quick you'll go with the stock turbo. 25 psi and some real tires I think you'll see 7.8s with the stock turbo.:biggrin:

Sounded like a fun night plus you didn't break anything (yet). Sucks though I couldn't make it. You don't know how bad I've been wanting to race. Seems like something always comes up.:mad:

Not bad at all Victor....as tempting it is to throw on your other turbo I'm curious to see how quick you'll go with the stock turbo. 25 psi and some real tires I think you'll see 7.8s with the stock turbo.:biggrin:

Sounded like a fun night plus you didn't break anything (yet). Sucks though I couldn't make it. You don't know how bad I've been wanting to race. Seems like something always comes up.:mad:

Thanks! Im pretty sure the stock turbo is done at around 20-22 psi so I dont want to push it more without putting the new turbo in. Plus the stock turbo has no play and spools quick so its in good shape and dont feel like breaking it! With the new turbo and somw good slicks. Im looking to get into the mid 7's and hopefully then I will work on the tranny........did I mention my trans slips REAL bad in 3rd?......:biggrin:

Hey Victor sounds like you did pretty good congrats. I never use the right side track at Qualcomm because the traction really really sucks. How was the turnout last night?

Hey Victor sounds like you did pretty good congrats. I never use the right side track at Qualcomm because the traction really really sucks. How was the turnout last night?

It was good for us. When I should up around 6 there was maybe like 50 cars. Pretty empty. Then half of them didnt even start racing till about 8pm. You know they had to "prep" their Honda's to run mid 5's and stuff. But most of them where doing there tire swaps, dropping exhuast or opening cut-outs' ect ect. So with in the first hour I had like 5 runs already in. Just hot-lapping like its cool..... then I found out the left side was the place to run so I switch over. Not bad though. Worth the $30...... but next weekend at Barona hopefully I be running faster!:D

Did you get the test pipe done or put the THDP on yet? Im sure you should be in the 7's with that on!

Im gonna put the downpipe on tomorrow. Little busy today. Im getting the test pipe on tuesday when my exhaust guy gets back from the river. I hope i run in the 7's next weekend. We'll see.

Im gonna put the downpipe on tomorrow. Little busy today. Im getting the test pipe on tuesday when my exhaust guy gets back from the river. I hope i run in the 7's next weekend. We'll see.

So your going to Barona next Sat.? I will be going too. Hopefully the turbo install goes smoothly. Which trans you running? Wouldnt mind lining up with you in hopes to get my 60' down! Were you driving from? Let me know, maybe we could meet up somewhere!

Yeah! Im going this Sat. Im probably leaving from the shop followin my pops up. If you want to meet up at the shop before you go up there you can. I might put the 200C in with the trans brake. I have to pull the diff cover and axles this week just to check everything out. Last thing I need to do is snap an axle. More than likely I'll be running the 200C though.

I love those 1.60 60':D

Yeah! Im going this Sat. Im probably leaving from the shop followin my pops up. If you want to meet up at the shop before you go up there you can. I might put the 200C in with the trans brake. I have to pull the diff cover and axles this week just to check everything out. Last thing I need to do is snap an axle. More than likely I'll be running the 200C though.

I love those 1.60 60':D

I could meet you guys at the shop. What time you guys gonna be there? And are the still doing the test n tune this Sat? I just looked and their website and it doesnt have it listed anymore?! Hope they are still doing it!

Barona 1/8th Mile Drags

Im pretty sure they are still doing test&tune. I'll find out for sure and let you know. I dont know what time we're leaving yet but i'll let you know

Yep! Just found out from one of the track owners that test & tune is still on for this Saturday.

Back