West Coast Nationals 2003

Jack Evers

Any word on the 2003 West Coast Nationals in Las Vegas? Do you guys have a website up yet? Lots of talk about this year being the best so far. Lots of interest out there.

That makes two of us Jack!

I'm waiting also!! Hopefully I can take my car this year,guess we just have to wait....

Mack
Originally posted by Jack Evers
Any word on the 2003 West Coast Nationals in Las Vegas? Do you guys have a website up yet? Lots of talk about this year being the best so far. Lots of interest out there.

i've heard the 4th also but did not comfirm with jon yet. looking forward to it though. anyone thinking of going to turbo thunder in portland? len

Originally posted by Jack Evers
I don't know how it could be October 4, 2003. The Supra's are having their big deal that weekend.

http://vegas.supras.org/v03/index.asp

I was over at Supraforums.com and they said that we (Buicks) will be there the same weekend as them. If you look at LVMS.com they have us scheduled to be there too. So to me it looks like it is gonna be an AWSOME weekend. Looks like you and Brit can line 'em up in Vegas.

Here's one of the threads Jack:

http://www.supraforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92914&highlight=Supras+invade+Vegas+2003

I've fallen behind on getting the website done. I believe the 4th is correct. Lots of different cars this year, and I believe the Supra is the only imports attending.
There's a possibility that Jon, Craig, and I are getting together tomorrow to finish my car. I'll talk to them about the details and get cracking on the website.

Originally posted by granatl
... Lots of different cars this year,

Are you guys inviting the V8 crowd again this year?

Is it going to be the 4th only for racing? Nothing scheduled for the night before like last year (even though it got blown out)?

Will Main Street Station be the host hotel again?

Thanks. I'm TRYING to be patient. Had so much fun last time...

V8's are very welcome. Jon mentioned that we're expecting more this year. Additionally, F-Bodies are under our umbrella this year. This is also Supra, Corvette, Mustang, and Viper day (not associated with us). There may be a significant number of Supras, but I'm guessing minimal from the other makes.

And before I hear anything about it, I'll say it again like last year. The track can easily accomodate up to 400 cars. In early October, it'll probably still be high 70's into the 80's here, so you'll probably want 30+ minute cool down times anyhow. Do not let the volume of non-Buicks be a reason to miss this event! Spread the word.

The web page should be done and ready this coming weekend. I'll post the address when available.

Saturday is the main race. Friday afternoon/evening is Test and Tune until ~9 P.M. Then at 10 P.M. Midnight Mayhem runs until well into the early morning. Hundreds of cars attend this, usually a bunch of 15+ second imports. You can participate in it, if you like more TnT time.

Finally, here's the organization, so please direct questions accordingly:
Jon -- rules, "the main man", etc.
Craig -- working with vendors, apparel, etc.
Jack -- Web page things only

So if you would like to be a sponsor, contact Craig, and I'll then work with you to set up a banner ad, etc.

Thanks Jack!

We're expecting 20+ V8 cars this year. That's from a poll on the V8 Buick BB so I'm sure there will be others that don't even get on the net or who will sign up late.

I'm going to forward your email to the V8 BB to give the guys something to chew on; they've been waiting anxiously. We've been looking forward to this since we left there in November.