west michigan shops?

terbo

are there any good shops that do performance work on gn's, as
far as engine and tranny that you guy's can suggest

Transmissions Swain's in Ionia 6165279187 or JPT in Eaton Rapids 517517-663-0578 only two I would recommend and then Engine Ketchum Machine 269-945-4970. Where are you in GR?

thanks for the info! I was thinking of getting a shift kit and stahl
converter installed. I live close to walker police station off of wilson ave. you going to stanton next month?

Of course, wouldn't miss the best gm event in the world for nothing. Even if the car isn't going I'll be there. Someone always needs a pit crew of some sort. Hoping to try and bring both, but I have to arrange for someone to bring one of them if the truck isn't running properly. I have a couple of friends in mind that might do it for a small fee...

Swain's will build you an awesome tranny, JPT is working on a shift kit and if someone wanted one he'd arrange it I'm sure. The engine place is nothing but Buick and you would get top notch work... Let me know if you need to get hooked up with anyone.

Tebro - do not take you car to Swain's. I can give you list of no less than 4 people that will recommend you go else where.

I recommend that you go to someone that knows TR's and 2004R's extremely well.

I took my trans to Vince Janis in Akron Ohio - it was a drive but was worth it in every way. He built me a street/strip trans for $850 and it works flawless. None the less I had $2500 into the Trans Swain's built me and it still didn't work right.

I'm not going to bash Swain's on the board - but if you want more details email me.

I've had nothing but excellent service with George's Transmission over on Division. I've been through 3 different tranny guys with different vehicles and never found anyone as honest and committed to their work.

I would agree that going down south would be the "best", but if you don't want to make the trip...I'd go there.

Speak to Durk and I'm sure he'll be happy to help...

(616)532-3633
4563 Division Ave

HTH

Mark

George's actually has worked on a 200 r 4? Cause that would make a big difference...

My stock transmissions that I have had beefed up my Swain have worked extremely well. And I have had really good luck with JPT as well. I would still recommend either one.