You can type here any text you want

"Wet" plug?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TType85

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I had a timing cover issue an have the front of the motor apart in the car. I pulled the plugs out and found this:

plugs2.jpg

Plug on the right is from #1, plug on the left is from #2. All except #1 look like #2. The plug looks wet, the car has not been run for over a month so it's not fuel. I can see down the plug hole and the top of the piston looks clean. This car had no water in the oil and no bubbling like it had a blown HG.

Anything else that can cause this?

The threads are wet, could be oil wicked down as I saw a little bit of oil near the plug but not much. The center electrode looks wet compared to the other 5.

That cylinder looks like it is using oil. Could be coming from anywhere...valve guide, rings, ect.

That cylinder looks like it is using oil. Could be coming from anywhere...valve guide, rings, ect.

The engine was rebuilt probably 15-20K miles ago, heads were done too with new guides. I have the pan off so I will take a look to see what I can see of the bore of cyl #1.

The other plug looks to have been subjected to a tuning issue. The other 4 look like the plug on the left?? Have you tried other plugs? What is the NGK heat range you are showing?

The other plug looks to have been subjected to a tuning issue. The other 4 look like the plug on the left?? Have you tried other plugs? What is the NGK heat range you are showing?

The other 4 plugs look dry like the other one. These are NGK UR5's. I have new plugs to go back in. Other than a ticking from the motor which I think was the broken cam button I found the car was running great. Boost was set at 15#. I had to pull the timing cover and pan because the little set screw in the cover fell in to the motor.

" I had to pull the timing cover and pan because the little set screw in the cover fell in to the motor. " Common problem w/ the chinese covers...
JMO, the rest of the plugs don't look to be burning very clean.....

Back