You can type here any text you want

What amp to use

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboman38

It costs money to go fast
I know nothing about car audio but what my friend tells me. He has won many competitions so I ask him if what I'm buying is ok. Here is what I have:

2 kicker 6X9 Free air with adapter plates in the back.

JBL component system - 5 1/4 for the doors and 1 inch tweeters for the dash.

I have an older Denon head unit.

Here is my problem. At lower volumes the system sounds ok but then I crank it up and the rear speakers distort pretty bad. I was told I need an amp. So my question is what amp should I get? My friend told me he'd like me to get a 4 channel 50 -75 watt amp. Is there anything out there for $50 to $75 even if it is used that any of you can suggest?

Any other suggestions or comment are welcome.

Thanks

Originally posted by turboman38
I know nothing about car audio but what my friend tells me. He has won many competitions so I ask him if what I'm buying is ok. Here is what I have:

2 kicker 6X9 Free air with adapter plates in the back.

JBL component system - 5 1/4 for the doors and 1 inch tweeters for the dash.

I have an older Denon head unit.

Here is my problem. At lower volumes the system sounds ok but then I crank it up and the rear speakers distort pretty bad. I was told I need an amp. So my question is what amp should I get? My friend told me he'd like me to get a 4 channel 50 -75 watt amp. Is there anything out there for $50 to $75 even if it is used that any of you can suggest?

Any other suggestions or comment are welcome.

Thanks

You have a Denon head unit? Thats way tight, never seen them make car audio. The rule of thumb is, ANY amp will make them sound better. Get the Alpine 4 channel amp..spend about $200 bucks, and use good cables.....thats it. Period.

Back