You can type here any text you want

What are good valve springs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Those are bascally Chevy LT1 valve springs. Not a bad deal but you dont need the keepers if you still have the originals on the engine.

I'd go with comp cam 980s I got mine from full throttle. There $42 and better then stock

I am installing a small cam {206/206}, double roller, and blueprinted TC/oil pump assm. since the front is apart. As a general rule, should the springs be changed. The car only has 54,000. No plans on tracking her. Thanks.

Use the compcams 980 and re use your retainers and keepers and I think the stock oil shield will fit also. You dont need any more spring spring pressure than what the 980 will give you, any extra pressure will only serve to wear your cam out faster. Also remember to use a good oil with the zinc package in it.

PAC, PSI, Manley Nextek are top of line springs.

The Comp springs used to be made by PAC but now are sourced from China.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Change the springs David. The factory ones are very weak and will limit the engine.

Thanks BillyI didn't know that. Are GM springs now made over seas?

I am installing a small cam {206/206}, double roller, and blueprinted TC/oil pump assm. since the front is apart. As a general rule, should the springs be changed. The car only has 54,000. No plans on tracking her. Thanks.

If they are the stock original springs, I would change them.

Back