You can type here any text you want

what are these chips?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

goider2

I have two chips that i got from a friend that owned a GN back in 88. He does not remember what they are.

They are tagged

DELCO
ACXA

AND

DELCO
BBKJ
9464 <- kinda rubbed off a little

and idea's?

acxa is the stock chip that came in late 86 cars and all 87 cars. bbkj is the emissions recall chip issued by GM around 1990. There's a cmw 602 chip that came in most 86 cars, and I forget the chip that came in the 89 tta's.

Chip ID Location?

Where will these identifying codes appear? I pulled back the kick panel, and saw what looks like the "computer" with a white label on it. Mine had the code for stock (ACX...), but is this the CHIP code or just the computer code? Do I need to unbolt the little cover plate and go digging for the actual chip?

Thanks.

Yes, these are stickers on the top of the chip itself, so you need to remove the cover plate to see the chip and sticker. You might even need to pull the eprom out of the socket to see a sticker on the bottom but it's been so long since I looked at a stock chip I don't remember for sure :-).

Back