You can type here any text you want

What are these things on the engine?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rich B

Guys this is all new to me and I just removed the Delay Delay because of the fans running all the time. I say these issues or not.

What are the two connectors that are not plugged in? Green and black on the drivers side.
Second one is this blue wire hooked of the fuel rail I think.

Sorry for the dumb questions trying to learn this car!!

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

Last edited:
The white/green is a tach signal wire not normally used for anything and the gray/blackish one is the fuel pump test wire. generally used as a signal wire if you put a fuel pump hot wire kit on the car, I allways used it to pump the tank empty at the race track prior to putting race gas in...... If you unplug the under hood lamp power wire and plug it into the gray/blackish plug you have a built in fuel removal system right from GM>

The white/green is a tach signal wire not normally used for anything and the gray/blackish one is the fuel pump test wire. generally used as a signal wire if you put a fuel pump hot wire kit on the car, I allways used it to pump the tank empty at the race track prior to putting race gas in.
What about the blue wire on the pic attachment?

The white/green is a tach signal wire not normally used for anything and the gray/blackish one is the fuel pump test wire. generally used as a signal wire if you put a fuel pump hot wire kit on the car, I allways used it to pump the tank empty at the race track prior to putting race gas in.
Also thank you

That blue wire is an aftermarket fuel pressure gauge deal, the roundish metal can is the sending unit the blue wire runs inside to the gauge.

What about the blue wire on the pic attachment?

If you're talking about the bottom picture, given that it's attached to the fuel rail and has a crimp connector on the wire (aftermarket), I'd guess it's for an electric fuel pressure gauge in the cabin.

That sender hanging on the rail is a good way to break the rail.

That black one for the fuel pump is handy for getting gas out of the tank so you can put race fuel in and not have it mix with too much lower octane stuff.
Also great for jumping the fuel pump when the relay on the fender and the oil pressure switch doesn't work, to get the car home.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Someone butchered your TV cable. I'd get rid of that abortion and get a stock replacement from highway stars. I bet it's not adjusted correctly.

Someone butchered your TV cable. I'd get rid of that abortion and get a stock replacement from highway stars. I bet it's not adjusted correctly.
Is this the right part? Cable - Transmission Throttle Valve (Detent) replaces GM# 25532115 SKU: 25532115 R $64.95

Back