You can type here any text you want

What Brand/Type of engine bearings?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sleeper-6

As the title says, what engine bearings do you prefer? I've done a search and came up with part numbers and such but no reasons as to why that bearing. Looking through manufacturers specs there's several that could fit our engines. So please, if you have a favorite bearing what is it, and why. I'm trying to learn about the what is available to us.

These will be going into a girdled 109 block with a CAT stroker crank and K1 rods. Yes, I will also be calling my engine machinest to see what he prefers.

I prefer King. They have worked very well in all the hard running engines ive had. Have you machinist check the CAT crank. The finish sucks on those. It may need to be ground .010 to clean it up.

Trust Me :eek: Swing with King, like a Time-X watch, they take a lickin and keep on ticken.:biggrin:

I have tried the "other" good brand and they wear when compared to the King brand.

I have always run the "P series" Clevite / Michigan 77 tri-metal bearings. I have had good luck with them in several street/strip engines. I'm sure more people will chime in with opinions. Here are the Clevite part numbers in case you're interested.

Main Bearings MS 960P
Rod Bearings CB 1228P

I have heard the same thing about the CAT crankshaft. Make sure your engine builder checks it. The word I hear is the sizes vary quite a bit from journal to journal. Also have the snout checked for straightness.

Good luck with your build :smile:

Back