You can type here any text you want

what cam bearings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BOOSTD1

what are the best cam bearings to use 109 block comp roller cam, champion alum heads
part # please
are they the ones with the groves cut into them

Only the front has a groove I think? Many choices with many answers. Clevite, King, Fed Mogul are all good bearings.

I am using the Clevite part # SH1448S. They looked good after I tore my last engine down after 50,000 miles and I put them in my current engine. No problems. :smile:

I am using the Clevite part # SH1448S. They looked good after I tore my last engine down after 50,000 miles and I put them in my current engine. No problems. :smile:

Wow! You put 50K mile bearings in a fresh engine? I got a set with 2K miles that I didnt use on a freshen up & look new.

I don't think that is what he meant....I think he meant......that he used that part number bearing successfully for 50k miles........and when he tore it down....the looked great........so when he built his new motor......he went with a new set of the same part number bearings.......because of his previous experience with them......

I don't think that is what he meant....I think he meant......that he used that part number bearing successfully for 50k miles........and when he tore it down....the looked great........so when he built his new motor......he went with a new set of the same part number bearings.......because of his previous experience with them......

That makes sense!

What are the correct part numbers for 86/87 blocks B-13? And B-12 for 84/85 blocks?

Thanks Blazer406. That is what I meant. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. :smile:

Back