What can I do to make my turbo buick run cooler temps?

Dual fans help a lot, as does an ArizonaGN or F-body radiator. I have an RJC front mount, ArizonaGN radiator and the dual fans and it will come right down to 168 degrees when idling or in stop-n-go traffic. It does get warmer (200-210 if I have the a/c on) when I'm cruising around town but cools right down if I stop or get up to highway speeds.

Jim

I have the dual fans, 160 stat and a be cool rad. With ac on in 95 degree temps in traffic it runs 175:)

I tried a recored stock rad and dual fans but the key was the bigger rad.. Becool is the best $$ can buy

The BeCool unit has 82 total 1" tubes.

The US Radiator Optima 4-row core has 208 total 1/2" tubes (same as 104 total 1" tubes). It's available as a re-core and is around $500.

Ok so is the Scan Master an accurate way to tell temp? Mine stays at 180 all day might go up to 186-8 or down to 178, but for the most part it does not get hot or cool past that.

hey

i always had a problem with mine always running at a solid 180 and could not figure it out. i had a pts alum rad. with the daul ram chargers fans and it would never go down. pull my theremostat out and look at what i found a damn 180 stat in there. now the car runns so cool its not even funny. some small stuff always gets over looked but 180 didnt bother me just was there.

Mine runs around 180-200. It has the stock radiator with dual electric fans. If I have the A/C running, it tends to creep past 200. I recently thought it may be a sticky themostat and replaced the thermostat (160 degree) and a billet housing, but the temp is still the same. Now I'm thinking it's the Red Armstrong 93 chip.

the reds chip is only going to effect when the fans turn on. if you find out that the chip is turning on at 190 or so then that might be a problem but most chips are set to turn on around 170-180

Dual fans is a great first cooling mod ( assuming you have a lower fan turn on and a 160 thermo ).

The F Body aluminum rad would cure any build up the stock rad has in it. You could flush the stock rad or recore it but I believe the F Body is cheaper than a recore now a days.

I would rather use a LARGE external tranny cooler so use the F Body cooler as an oil cooler. You will probably need to find the fittings though.

So, what's wrong with running at 180-190*???
If the coolant temp is ambient + 100*, then you should be good to go.

So, what's wrong with running at 180-190*???
If the coolant temp is ambient + 100*, then you should be good to go.

I dunno. It doesn't bother me. Mine will creep up to 200-210 with the A/C on in stop-n-go traffic on a 95-degree, humid day. It doesn't bother me because at the track I can let it idle with the fans on and it will come down to 170 without a problem.

Jim

mine was also running Hot with the new engine around 180-190ish so I finally pulled the 160 stat out I bought from kirban a few years ago and it was stamped 180 on the end, go figure.I put my old one in and now it stays at 165-170.

If a cooling system has sufficient cooling capacity it will always run within a few degrees of the thermostat setting. If it doesn't, there is not enough cooling capacity.