What can you do to prevent the rear quarter panel wrinkle? Fast hard launching cars.

It was told at one time by one of the engineers over the turbo buick project that GM purposely left out the lower bushings on the frame to prevent this problem. He said that they wanted for the frame to absorb the torque energy rather than the body. I left out my lower bushings and I don't seem to have the problem, however my 60 ft is 1.45's so it might not do it at that level. I also don't have the famous roof cracks as well. I personally don't feel like building up the inside of the quarter is the solution either. What this is going to do is transfer the energy to a different area and cause problems.

I saw some fast cars leaving HARD in Bowling Green that did not wrinkle the quarter panels and then some cars that only left moderately hard wrinkle the quarters. Most were soft wrinkles and probably bounced back out or were easy to 'pop' back out. It was amazing to watch the 'street' cars that owners may have no idea that the quarters are bending on launch. Most of them popped in and out but there were some that had to leave a crease. Thing is that nearly all of them didn't show any crease before the launch and its extremely unlikely that all of them were making their first passes at those performance levels. I may have to start following up on the condition of the quarters after the pass to see where that point in performance is where the scars become permanent or rather to bad to just poke them back out.