What can you do to prevent the rear quarter panel wrinkle? Fast hard launching cars.

Good info guys. I have no use for a caged street car. IMO it takes the enjoyment out of the leisure cruise. You can't have a sleeper with a cage. Cage SCREAMS race car. I love watching race cars race but I do not enjoy driving them on the street. I do not look down upon our members who cage their street cars I just know that it isn't for me. Seems like there is a small market for a brace kit that could remedy this.

There's a couple real slick cages that you have to look for floating around these boards. :)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Here's a video from an old school member...filmed by an old school member Pacemkr. You can see it buckle when disco takes off.

Is that disco stu from college station? Has anyone heard from John.

How often does this happen to race/street cars that are still using full stock rails. The 28 x 10.5 and the 275/60/15 will fit under there nicely and can still go really fast.

That is insane! Always been curious why my car likes to kink a little there..

If you think about how the stock chassis is built the center is really weak so if you box it that would take care of a lot of the body flex.;)

I recently bought a 1 of 15 H/T cloth TTA that had a cage because it was raced at the Silver State Classic in 90' but it was removed shortly thereafter and i couldn't decide if i should put one back, then i got to thinking... if i total the car and die in the process it's not 1 of 15, it's one of nothing... just a thought.

John dropped off the grid for a little while. I'm sure we will see him sooner or later. . .
Saw him years ago and he said he would be back after he comes out of the witness protection program. Back to . . ."why does out buckle".

Adding the rear seat braces wont hurt.. other than that there isnt much you can do unless you wanna start welding in things on the car. I chose to sacrifice some e/t and leave easier and let the car make the power down track rather than off the 60ft. Theres a fine line of power with traction you can leave with and not wrinkle/buckle a quarter.. I personally am not willing to chance it for a couple more tenths. The pict in my sig is a 4 psi launch.

Brian what was your 60ft time on the 4lbs launch in the picture in your sig? By the way your car looks great and runs great. How much boost do you run, and on what fuel?
Thanks,
Marco

Here's a video from an old school member...filmed by an old school member Pacemkr. You can see it buckle when disco takes off.

Phil/Pacemkr's Rose colored car had a Nasty launch, I dont think it wrinkled the quarters like that...:)

Re-exposureofIMG_2358.jpg

Phils car really didnt launch very straight:confused:

Re-exposureofIMG_2358.jpg

Phils car really didnt launch very straight:confused:
Nope, but it hauled the mail. I think that was a 10.60 pass. I have video of the marshal staring him down at the lights saying...."this aint a 10 sec car is it? Sounds like it....don't make a 10 pass!"
(No cage)
Phil ran a 10 and slapped it right back on the trailer and we headed back to the hotel. :)