You can type here any text you want

What chip is this?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shane

Hi-
The previous owner of my car left a chip in the ashtray. I don't know what chip it is, but it says BDM2 22/23T on it. Is this better than the stock chip? I'm assuming that I have the stock chip in it, I haven't checked.

22/23T my indicate timing, if that is what it has do not run it with pump gas. I personally would never use a chip I know little about. I would put a magnet on it and stick it to the refridgerator

Hey,

That chip is one I made for that car. I would use it only for race gas, its got 22 degrees timing.

Hope this helps!

Bob

Originally posted by BM Computer Src
I would use it only for race gas, its got 22 degrees timing.
Eh? The bone stock TR computer chip has 22 degree of timing and recommends premium unleaded. Splain....

Originally posted by Scott231
Eh? The bone stock TR computer chip has 22 degree of timing and recommends premium unleaded. Splain....

Easy, in 86/87, gasoline quality was MUCH higher than it is today. It's a forgone conclusion that 22-23 degrees of timing is usually refered to as a 100 octane area, maybe 98 ;-)

But with todays gasoline mixtures/blends, somewhere around 19-20 degrees of timing is more than enough.

And one more reason. Back then 22º of timing was just fine for the factory designed boost level of 12#. Since most guys want to run at least 15+, that's just too much timing.

Originally posted by TurboDave
Easy, in 86/87, gasoline quality was MUCH higher than it is today. It's a forgone conclusion that 22-23 degrees of timing is usually refered to as a 100 octane area, maybe 98 ;-)

But with todays gasoline mixtures/blends, somewhere around 19-20 degrees of timing is more than enough.

And one more reason. Back then 22º of timing was just fine for the factory designed boost level of 12#. Since most guys want to run at least 15+, that's just too much timing.

Thats exactly right. :)

(It used to be my car, so I know how much timing it could tolerate on the pump gas, and it was not more than 19 degrees at 15 psi)

Bob

Back